Carnival Freedom Cruise Review by frstimecruzers: CRUZERS FOREVER

Member Since 2010

Compare Prices on Carnival Freedom Eastern Caribbean Cruises

CRUZERS FOREVER

Sail Date: June 2010

We would like to begin by saying THANK YOU to the staff and crew members of Carnival Freedom!!! Taking our first criuse, it was alot of planning and preparation in advance to decide what cruise line to take and which would give us the best rate and itinerary for our first wedding anniversary. Little did we know as of June 19, 2010 we had truly found what we were looking for,even before we boarded the cruise ship. Everyone from the time we dropped our luggage off for boarding to the time we arrived back after our 8 day cruise were willing to help in anyway possible to make this the best vacation(anniversary)ever! I have to say that the crew and staff always went above and beyond to make sure that we had everything we needed or asked for in a timely manor.

Before ever boarding the cruise ship we had ordered gifts off line and once we get to our room,all gifts were in order. Also, each day my husband was to receive gifts they came as expected. At dinner the staff sang to us 2 More different nights unexpectedly for our anniversary,which was a blast.

Freedom always has something going on no matter what time it is,such as clubs, comedians,piano bar,or pool parties, and you are never disturbed even if napping. I have to comment on the Millenium Bar for the best drinks and bartenders ever. Also the dining staff in the chic dining room are always attentive to your every need,and the food was always better than expected,from breakfast whether in the Posh dining room or on the lido deck, buffet lunch on lido deck to dinner whether in chic dining room or Sun King Steakhouse.

A special THANKS to Kim,our group leader with the Behind The Scenes tour,a must do for all future cruisers! Also a special THANK YOU TO Lindsey,who was always available to help with shopping and made our experience the best at each of the 5 ports we attended. The deals we got were unbelievable.

Last, THANK YOU to Carnival, I played bingo on two different occasions on the cruise and the first on Tuesday not winning a thing, the second on Saturday night the last night of our cruise, and I wasn't going to play but my husband talked me into getting a bingo card and I did. I WON!! Enough to pay off everything we had charged the 8 days on the ship,paid for parking for our car 8 days, gas and food on the way home and still brought money home! THANKS TO CARNIVAL FOR PAYING US ON THIS CRUISE AND MAKING IT A VERY MEMORABLE FIRST ANNIVERSARY FOR MY HUSBAND AND MYSELF!!!

Needless to say we have found a new way to vacation in the future. We are looking at cruising in August with Carnival Sensation with our kids for their first cruise. Less

Read more Carnival Freedom cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Freedom Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Freedom Balcony Empress 7363

Great Balcony room,great view, whether on the balcony or could lie down on bed and see out as coming into port. Had plenty of room for us.

Antigua where can I begin? Everything I expected and more. Shore excursion booked on The Black Swan to a private beach. Boarded the ship and the rain came along, we decided to go ahead as we are going to get wet anyway. The crew on the ship were the best, the kids on board were able to steer the ship (with help) and parents got pictures. Also, drinks were included for all this was wonderful. Crew members were very informative while on private beach as far as shells we were looking at to bring home. Also, saw what was left of an actual shipwreck. The clear beaches are beautiful. Last, on our way back into port we danced and partied with the crew,and we,my husband and I, were married by the captain of The Black Swan to last just for the duration of the trip on the ship.(Ha,Ha). After returning to port went to town to get souvenirs but those people are pushy. If you touch something they are ready to bargain and sale. Overall had a great time.

Read 796 Antigua Reviews

Nassau, I had always heard that the Bahamas is a nasty place. Not the area we went to. As we sailed into port seeing the beaches were beautiful. As we went on our shore excursion, we were able to hear some of the history and see the beaches ever closer, absolutely beautiful. We were able to visit Atlantis and hope to stay on day in the future. One thing I can say is it was HOT!

Read 2608 Nassau Reviews

San Juan was a beautiful place. We arrived at 5 pm and were not able to see a lot before everything closed and it rained most of the time we were there. We were able to do an off shore excursion which was informative but again the rain was a setback.

Read 1353 San Juan Reviews

Beautiful mountains and beaches! Took a shore excursion to Meagan's Bay beautiful waters. The sights we were able to view to the beach and back were indescribable. Also Blackbeard's castle very interesting. Husband enjoyed the free samples.

Read 2318 St. Thomas Reviews

Tortola and swimming with the dolphins. Had a wonderful time after getting in the water and getting to realize how big the dolphins are. Great to get one on one time with the dolphin. They are beautiful and gentle creatures. Pictures were a little expensive and for a few dollars more able to bring home a dvd instead.

Read 501 Tortola Reviews