Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by EMBFlyer: Great Cruise, Despite the Snags

Member Since 2006

Compare Prices on Carnival Liberty Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Great Cruise, Despite the Snags

Sail Date: July 2010

My wife and I chose the Carnival Liberty for our Honeymoon cruise, mainly for the itinerary, but we'd also seen how highly the ship was rated.

Embarkation was very smooth in Miami. The shoreside staff was great and we were on the ship by 11:30AM. The ship is absolutely beautiful...probably the nicest decor of any Carnival ship I've been on. Everything was so bright and colorful.

The food in the dining room was wonderful. Everything was excellent! We tried Harry's Steakhouse one night and it was, by far, the best steak I've ever had. The service was amazing, too.

The shows were awesome! Just Rock is one that can't be missed! Also, this was the first week that the Carnival Comedy Club debuted. I think it was an instant hit! It's a great entertainment alternative.

Butch, our Cruise Director was fantastic. He was full of energy and always visible. He was definitely the best CD we've had1

There were 2 small snags in this voyage. The first More was at Half Moon Cay. One of the tenders broke down and that left just 2 tenders to bring everyone ashore. We were on an organized tour, so this didn't affect us. However, I did hear a few guests upset about the fact it took so long. This was completely out of Carnival's control and they did everything they could to make the situation right.

The second snag was that we had to miss Grand Turk. The winds were howling at 42 knots at the pier. The Captain announced, after several attempts at approaching the pier, that we'd be unable to safely dock. He quickly substituted Nassau as an alternative port. I thought this was a very nice gesture on his part, to make sure we had a 4 port itinerary.

Neither one of these events were Carnival's fault and they had no control over what happened. We didn't let either one of these events ruin our cruise. We think that the Officers, Staff and Crew handled the situations wonderfully.

We'd not hesitate to sail Carnival or the Liberty again! It was a great cruise! Less

Read more Carnival Liberty cruise reviews >>