Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review by maggiecatenjay

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review by maggiecatenjay
Norwegian Spirit
Norwegian Spirit
Member Name: maggiecatenjay
Cruise Date: June 2010
Embarkation: Boston
Destination: Bermuda
Cabin Category: OG
See More About: Norwegian Spirit Cruise Reviews | Bermuda Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

NCL SPIRIT SHINES AGAIN
Last year we were joined by friends and family for our incredible Bermuda wedding cruise aboard the beautiful Norwegian Spirit. WE FELT LIKE ROYALTY.

When we shared the news with friends and family that it we had booked an anniversary cruise to Bermuda to spend our one year anniversary on board they were jealous! A group of nine was sooo jealous they came with us! BUT we were told by many to set new expectations because last year was "special" and our cruise this year would be very different. It was different. BUT JUST AS AMAZING! This year embarking the ship was a BREEZE there was no line! As we walked up to the desks the staff was all smiles and commenting on how happy we all looked and how great they believed the weather was going to be. After we breezed on board we headed straight to the hot tubs. In no time at all we had met other happy cruisers and talking about all there was to do (or not to do if we wished not to!) for the upcoming day. After a QUICK yet informative life boat drill we waved Boston good bye and vacation commenced.

We were greeted by staff who were on the ship last year it felt like a really great family reunion. Hugs all around! We walked into Cagneys steak house for dinner one night and a young women looked at me and said "your pretty face, you look familiar... are you Miss Maggie?" I almost cried!! We had talked about Rogelizo Nanad a few times over the year and how special she made us feel the night of our reception on board and how attentive they were and how she in particular had cried when all the chefs had come out to sing to us. It warmed my heart to see she really had cared and we weren't just passing faces in her job and it was quite impressive for her to remember my name!

At dinner in the Windows restaurant we each took a bite of our meals and it was almost synchronized eye rolling because we had forgotten JUST HOW GREAT the food was. Head chef Mr. Peter Hans was seen frequently throughout the week. He seems to appear no matter WHERE we ate and was genuinely interested in how each of us enjoyed our meal. One night was Lobster tail, its presentation on the plate was beautiful and it was drizzled with a sauce that made this dish to die for... THANK YOU HEAD CHEF Hans Peter!!!! You and your staff are amazing!!!

There was amazing Jambalaya at Lunch! with so much seafood in it I was in heaven. I could talk about the food all day but I'm getting hungry haha. There could not have been better dining experiences. The wait staff were attentive and quick and had lots of knowledge about what was on the menu and helped us with those hard decisions, sometime suggesting we have BOTH which is why I came home gaining a lb for each day I was there! haha One night at dinner in a specialty restaurant they had found out it was our anniversary. They let us pick a bottle of wine, sang "Let Me Call you Sweetheart" the song that they had sung just a year before at our wedding and had a special cake for us to share. While they sang Hoaris, a staff member played the air violin for us JUST beautifully!

When we ordered a bottle of champagne on the ship the host came over and popped the bottle for us and then came back with fresh strawberries and whipped cream! She said they paired wonderfully with what we were drinking. AMAZING service. Each and every day I became more and more amazed at all they do and how HAPPY HAPPY they are when they do it.

As a side-note, Bruce van der Boon, whose title changes but whose demeanor remains the same - as if he is hosting a great party in his living room - was and is a gem. We just love him. He lights up a room and we feel lucky to know him. NCL IS certainly lucky to have him!

In Bermuda we did a shore excursion for my birthday and my husband and I swam with the dolphins at Dolphin Quest right in Kings Wharf where we dock. This was a experience of a LIFETIME. I have always been in awe of dolphins and now after seeing them SO CLOSE UP ( I mean laying in my lap and "holding my hand") It has made me love them even more. It was clean ( I was surprised) and informative, and it made me feel so enriched. They touched my heart and I will forever be grateful for the experience. That was the only excursion we did (totally worth it). Our time was mostly spent at all the beautiful beaches. We were up at 8:30 each day and had breakfast (eggs to order AWESOME)! and we're off the ship in a blink to enjoy the most of our time in Bermuda.

I used the game room for the first time ever and played dominoes with some friends and my husband. The chairs on the deck went quick daily but the bands were great. We also went to two shows ( something I didn't do last year ) and I really enjoyed the night they did excerpts from Broadway shows it was the best of each! My husband enjoyed the rock and roll night it was like live music videos! haha.

We didn't spend much time in our cabin but our fridge served a great purpose for room service leftovers and cold drinks in the middle of the night. It was like magic how they always cleaned it when we weren't around lol with the creative towel animals and our ice bucket CONSTANTLY replenished. I felt that this year our shower had better pressure and our room at the perfect sleeping temp.

I really have too much to say and don't know how to say it and if you haven't understood my rambles going through my head and out my fingers onto the keyboard.... NCL SPIRIT STAFF AND CREW AND LIVING ROCKS! haha

We are now so torn about our next vacation .... do we continue to enjoy the convenience of taking cruises out of Boston and see what the next ship has in store for us? Do we follow the Spirit to its next destination so we can see our home away from home loyal staff family? OR do we test out the beautiful new Epic and all it has to offer. Anything we pick tho we know we will stick with NCL. Seriously nothing can beat their Staff and their 'The sky's the limit' attitude. They really are a heaven sent. Thanks again NCL for once again making more dreams come true.

Love, Maggie Cate