Independence of the Seas Cruise Review by Jo: Sun, Food, Entertainment...what more could you want!

Jo
Member Since 2000

Compare Prices on Independence of the Seas Europe - Western Mediterranean Cruises

Sun, Food, Entertainment...what more could you want!

Sail Date: June 2010
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Embarkation: Other

I travelled on the Independence of the Seas in June 2010 with my parents and brother (to celebrate our parents 25th anniversay). As my brother and I are were first time cruisers we didn't quite know what to expect, but we were soooo impressed with this ship!!

The size of the ship is impressive before you even see the interior which is even more impressive! You forget you are even on a ship at times!!

The food was lovely throughout..we had breakfast and the occasional lunch in the Windjammer Cafe, but we also enjoyed sitting in the cafes on the Royal Promenade which also do light snacks as the Windjammer can get busy. Every evening we ate in the Main Dining Room. The environment, staff and food could not be faulted.

There were plenty of activities on board to keep everyone entertained throughout the days and nights, from kids clubs and rock climbing to dancing and quizzes. I would highly recommended the shows in the theatre and ice rink in the evening and More Joff, the cruise director, was excellent!

There were a number of ports of call around the Mediterranean with shuttle buses taking you into the town at most stops. There is a charge for this at some ports. We decided to make our own travel arrangements during the stops, which would have been fine if there hadn't been a strike and limited train and bus services!

Overall we all had a fantastic holiday and I would definitely travel on this ship again!! Less

Read more Independence of the Seas cruise reviews >>