Carnival Legend Cruise Review by moycruces

Cabin Category: 6A
        10-12 1.0
        13-15 1.0

Daughter's sweet 16 cruise w/family & friends
It was raining when we arrived at the Tampa port but everything went smoothly. We traveled with 2 other families that we have cruised with before on Disney. But we had one new cruiser with us. After my husband dropped us off he went to park the car across the street. They have self park and valet park. the valet people there were trying to get us to pay extra to have them park the car saying that it was a long walk to the lot but we ignored them and parked ourselves. We made it into registration in plenty of time with the lines moving smoothly and quickly. After that we were giving boarding numbers as they call your group by numbers to board. we made it on the ship with only about a 15 minute wait. We had our picture taken with our whole group and then walked right onto the ship. When we walked in we also made our reservations for The Golden Fleece restaurant. We made our way up tot he Lido deck for our buffet lunch. So much to choose from. There were so many different stations to choose from but there was something for everyone. At 1:30 we made it to our room and what a nice oceanview room we had! Dropped everything off and walked around the ship and made it back in time for our safety drill. As we were leaving our cabin when the drill rang, someone was going around pounding on the doors to make sure everyone was out. That person was not very nice. We were trying to tell him that we were short one life jacket in our cabin and all he did was nod his head and look at us. I asked him if he heard me and he just looked at me again. Anyway, it was hot on deck during our drill and was glad to finally go back to our room. Our first night in our diningroom was very nice. Great waiters, Armando and Jeffrey!! They were terrific throughout the entire cruise. The next day was spent at sea and I really enjoyed getting to know the ship and everything else.

We enjoyed everything on the ship, from dining to shows to the kids programs they had. I don't remember having to pay a babysitting fee starting at 10pm though. But that was the case, and it was fine. They kept the kids busy and had a great time. Even my teen misses all her friends that she made. They even started a FB club form the ship. I can't think of anything I really had a problem with except that the cabins were always very cold even if you turned the thermostat to hot. But I guess that's what the down comforters are for. We can't wait to book our next cruise. This was our 8th cruise with Carnival!!

Publication Date: 07/17/10