Carnival Legend Cruise Review by moycruces: Daughter's sweet 16 cruise w/family & friends

moycruces
Member Since 2010

Family & Children 1.0

Compare Prices on Carnival Legend Western Caribbean Cruises

Daughter's sweet 16 cruise w/family & friends

Sail Date: July 2010
Embarkation: Tampa

It was raining when we arrived at the Tampa port but everything went smoothly. We traveled with 2 other families that we have cruised with before on Disney. But we had one new cruiser with us. After my husband dropped us off he went to park the car across the street. They have self park and valet park. the valet people there were trying to get us to pay extra to have them park the car saying that it was a long walk to the lot but we ignored them and parked ourselves. We made it into registration in plenty of time with the lines moving smoothly and quickly. After that we were giving boarding numbers as they call your group by numbers to board. we made it on the ship with only about a 15 minute wait. We had our picture taken with our whole group and then walked right onto the ship. When we walked in we also made our reservations for The Golden Fleece restaurant. We made our way up tot he Lido deck for our buffet lunch. So much to choose from. There were so many different stations to More choose from but there was something for everyone. At 1:30 we made it to our room and what a nice oceanview room we had! Dropped everything off and walked around the ship and made it back in time for our safety drill. As we were leaving our cabin when the drill rang, someone was going around pounding on the doors to make sure everyone was out. That person was not very nice. We were trying to tell him that we were short one life jacket in our cabin and all he did was nod his head and look at us. I asked him if he heard me and he just looked at me again. Anyway, it was hot on deck during our drill and was glad to finally go back to our room. Our first night in our diningroom was very nice. Great waiters, Armando and Jeffrey!! They were terrific throughout the entire cruise. The next day was spent at sea and I really enjoyed getting to know the ship and everything else.

We enjoyed everything on the ship, from dining to shows to the kids programs they had. I don't remember having to pay a babysitting fee starting at 10pm though. But that was the case, and it was fine. They kept the kids busy and had a great time. Even my teen misses all her friends that she made. They even started a FB club form the ship. I can't think of anything I really had a problem with except that the cabins were always very cold even if you turned the thermostat to hot. But I guess that's what the down comforters are for. We can't wait to book our next cruise. This was our 8th cruise with Carnival!! Less

Read more Carnival Legend cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Legend Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Legend Oceanview Riviera 1192

We were on the Riviera deck which is deck 1. WE enjoyed being on that deck. It was close to everything.I'm just glad we were not on the other side of the ship cause my friend was there and the people across form them were very loud and kept them up all night on a few occasions. The bathroom was a good size and so were the showers. Pleasantly surprised!

We had to tender to the island and as we were making our way tot he tender it was pouring rain. I mean like rough rain. So we waited a few minutes and was told that the tender is covered and also the port was covered. So we took our chances. Wow, what a ride. Reminded me of a Perfect Storm! It was kinda rough and it was still pouring rain but we made it. We were advised not to go off on our own outside of the gates that surrounded the ports so we didn't. We shopped and returned to the ship. By that time it had stopped raining.

We found a taxi driver to drive us to the Mayan Ruins and around town for $15 a person again. He also took us to a little restaurant to have a snack. At the Ruins, it rained the night before so there were alot of mosquitos. I got bit like 15 times. But all in al it was a good time.

Read 3085 Cozumel Reviews

We had to tender to the island. We got off and found a tour on our own with a van full of other people. Very nice tour and we saved alot of money. The guide asked for $20 a person but we talked him down to $15 and my 10 year old for free. We had & people in our group. He took us all over, visited Hell, passed by the turtle farm and even stopped by the dolphin place for us to take pictures. very worth the money.

What a beautiful port. You can tell they spent alot of money on this port and the beach. The beach right off the ship is free and was very nice and enjoyable. You can walk or you can take the chair lifts to the beach. It was weird seeing a lift with no snow! But it was different. They charged $10 for adults and $6 for kids and you can ride up and down as much as you wanted to. We opted to walk. The beach had chairs galore with covers. The only thing they charged for were floats and snorkel equipment.

Read 1642 Roatan Reviews