Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by Elaine Carter

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by Elaine Carter
Explorer of the Seas
Explorer of the Seas
Member Name: Elaine Carter
Cruise Date: December 2009
Embarkation: Bayonne (Cape Liberty)
Cabin Category: K
        16+ 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Memories Forever

I went on this cruise with my 16 and 19 year old children also my sister and husband, my brother and his wife and 2 children and my friend and her husband and 3 children. What I loved so much about the cruise is that we are used to going away in large crowds and the one thing that upsets a holiday is wondering where are we eating, what time are we eating, where will we go, will the children be safe, ordering taxis to take us to and from destination, always hanging around waiting for everyone to be ready. All these problems were taken from us on the ship. we could all do our own thing and then meet in the fabulous restaurant in the evening to be together for dinner. The children were so safe, my son who is only 16 was found drinking (to my shame) on the ship and we were called to security for a meeting which I thought was great cus our children's safety was second to none to the staff of the ship. It put him in his place and we enjoyed the rest of the holiday with no mishaps.

I went to one of the nightclubs on my own one night (44 year old woman and single) as I wasn't quite ready to go to bed, A gentleman approached me and we talked for a while, when he went to get a drink, 2 security came and asked me was i OK, these security were very discreet but it was very reassuring to know that they were aware I was on my own and checked that i was comfortable with this gentleman. Certainly not service you would get anywhere else on holidays.

The entertainment was fantastic, something for everyone every minute of the day, The food was spectacular, I never ate such good food on a holiday before (if you are shopping in New York, on the way home I would advise to buy all clothes one size bigger than normal, I bought loads of clothes not thinking of the weight i had put on over the 2 weeks, i soon went back to my normal size and was left with loads of jeans which are too big for me now) We are all hoping to book another cruise for next summer if we can afford it. Truly the best experience I have ever had and hope to repeat again soon. Thank you so much.

Publication Date: 07/15/10