Independence of the Seas Cruise Review by Dolores Ann Read: Short break, just to get a taste.

Independence of the Seas 4
Dolores Ann Read

Overall Member Rating

Short break, just to get a taste.

Sail Date: June 2010
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Embarkation: Southampton

I always wanted to see Paris, My extended family and I were talking about going on a cruise to the Caribbean in the future, so this was a taster.

Independence of the seas is the largest ship I have sailed on. My first impression was wow. The room was a very good size with a very nice bathroom. I opted for an inside states room as it was only for 3 days so decided to keep the cost down. The room had a queen size bed which was very comfortable, but you had to climb into it, not enough room from the sides. good job I'm not 80 LOL.

All the staff were very helpful and I really enjoyed myself. The food was okay with plenty to choose from. It was easy to miss things out though, as it was laid out all over the place, so don't be in a hurry to eat.

Drinks were a bit on the dear side but I didn't let that stop me enjoying myself.

The entertainment was okay, sadly I never got to see the ice show as the tickets were all taken on the first night. More

There was a small cinema on board but you could see the same movies in your bedroom on the TV so was a bit disappointed. I do like my movies. Still all in all a very pleasant 3 nights. Less

Published 07/15/10

Read more Independence of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Independence of the Seas Review >>

Compare Prices on Independence of the Seas Europe - Western Mediterranean Cruises

Cabin review: FI Family Interior Stateroom

Very nice cabin, plenty of wardrobe space, quite location

Read All Family Interior Stateroom (FI) Reviews >>

I went on the Paris trip with the river cruise, the rep gave us a very clear history of Paris and pointed out all the places of interest for much of the journey. We had some free time around the Eiffel Tower but not enough if you wanted to go up. queueing time was around one and a half hours. Beware of beggars they seemed to be every where and also seemed to be from eastern European countries. I wont mention which ones.

Over all a very good trip to go on.

Read 203 Le Havre Reviews

I arrived at the port and was guided to an area where my suitcase was taken off me, I was then guided to the parking area. From there through to embarkation, took about an hour, then onto the ship. When I reached my cabin My case was already there, so no complaints there.

Dolores Ann Read
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X