Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by subonbd: Freedom is FREEDOM!!!!

subonbd
Member Since 2005

Compare Prices on Freedom of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Freedom is FREEDOM!!!!

Sail Date: June 2010
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

Freedom of the Seas is a beautiful, comfy, fun ship. Everyone from the baggage handlers to the cabin stewards, to the wait staff to the staff at customer service were absolutely wonderful!!!

This is the second trip on the Freedom, 7th cruise, but this cruise June 13, 2010, was a truly wonderful experience. We were on this ship in 2009, but did not have the great experiences that we have had this 2010 sailing. All RCI employees were really great! it seemed that they were really appreciative that you sailed with them, which I liked. They were really eager to please.

My family booked two jr suites and two balcony staterooms. We had a great cabin steward. Her name was Ethel from Columbia. She was really GREAT!!! Our waiter in the dining room was named NAVIN, his assistant was Ed. They were truly the greatest waitstaff that we have had on any sailings.

We had no problem at the pool in getting lounge chairs.

The shows were really great. The salute to More Temptations was something you wouldnt forget. The magician as well as the comedian were also great.

The only problem that we had was in disembarkation.

While leaving the ship I feel that they called too many guest. We were on the escalator going down to baggage claim and the escalator got backed up---No one at the bottom had anywhere to go. People began falling and my daughter was injured, we spoke to the lady from RCI there that was suppose to be watching and she absolutely didnt care. ( We had yelled to her from the escalator to turn off and hit emergency button--but she did not do it) Several people were injured and one man cut his toes very very badly. My daughter had a broken wrist and she was hurt. I have since sent a letter to RCI--but have had no response. It seems to me that a wonderful cruise was ruined by this one incident!!! This was complete incompetence from that worker that was suppose to be watching SO BEWARE--BE CAREFUL ON THAT ESCALATOR!!!!! Less

Read more Freedom of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Freedom of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Freedom of the Seas Superior Oceanview Stateroom Deck 6 9662

oUR CABIN 9662 : WE WERE NEAR THE REAR OF THE SHIP. HAD A LITTLE VIBRATION, NOT REALLY BAD, BUT I SUSALLY STAY IN THE MIDDLE-SO I DID FEEL IT. CLOSET WAS PRETTY GOOD SIZE WITH A SAFE ON A SHELF AND SEVERAL SHELVES UNDERNEATH TO HOLD THINGS. DRESSER IN CABIN HAD 6 LARGE DRAWERS AND TWO SMALLER DRAWERS, ALSO SHELVES BEHIND MIRRORS OVER VANITY, AS WELL AS SHELVES UNDER TV. BED WAS KING SIZE AND VERY COMFY, BATH WAS SMALL BUT THE ROUND SHOWER IS ALWAYS NICE AND MORE ROOM. VANITY AREA PRETTY LARGE. ONLY 2 PLUG INS IN THE WHOLE CABIN, BUT WE WORKED IT OUT FINE. TV GOOD, RUNNING MOVIES 24 HOURS, NEWS CHANNEL, RCI CHANNELS, MORE THAT I REMEMBER BEFORE. NICE SITTING AREA WITH GLASS TOP TABLE AND LOVESEAT. VERY COMFY AND ROOMY. NICE BALCONY 2 CHAIRS AND A TABLE.

COZUMEL IS A NEAT PLACE, HOWEVER WE DIDNT REALLY FEEL SAFE. THE PEOPLE SEEMED TO REALLY TRY TO BE NICE THIS TRIP AND THEY DID TRY TO BE FRIENDLY AND NOT AS PUSHY TO GET YOU INTO THEIR STORES. WE DID A QUICK TRIP TO TOWN BY CAB, SHOPPED, DRANK COKES FROM THE OLD OUTSIDE BAR AT HARD ROCK, VISITIED THE PIAZZA, HEADED BACK TO THE PORT, DID A LITTLE SHOPPING THERE AND THEN BACK ON BAORD.

Read 3090 Cozumel Reviews

ALWAYS BEAUTIFUL. WE ALWAYS GET A VAN AND GO OUT TO THE LITTLE TOWN OF HELL, THEN WE VISIT THE RUM FACTORY, GO BY A COUPLE OF BEACHES--THEY ARE TRULY BEAUTIFUL, WATCH OUT FOR THE LITTLE DRAGONS, THEY ARE EVERYWHERE!! SHOPPING NEAR THE PORT IS ALWAYS GOOD AND A LAST VISIT TO HARD ROCK FOR T SHIRTS--A MUST!!!

nICE PLACE TO VISIT, WENT TO MARGARITAVILLE, THE JEWELRY SHOPS, walked AROUND TOWN, HAD A LOT OF FUN. MOSTLY SHOPPING. BEEN THERE BEFORE, IF NEVER BEEN MUST GO TO FERN GULLY AND SEE TREE MEN, JAIMAICAN BOB SLED TEAM FILMING THERE, THE FALLS ARE PRETTY BUT DANGEROUS, A TOUR OF THE ISLAND IS VERY NICE WITH GREAT VIEWS.