Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by Frierpie: Unbelievable

Member Since 2009

Compare Prices on Oasis of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Unbelievable

Sail Date: February 2010

We went on Freedom just after it launched, wanting to experience the biggest ship in the world and loved it, however, we then wanted to do the same with Oasis - and were absolutely blown away. Don't get me wrong Freedom class is amazing, but Oasis is just a different class all together and the choices for eating, entertainment, etc, is just fantastic! You really won't be disappointed and spoils you for other cruises...

We loved having breakfast at the Central Park Cafe, lunches here were fab aswell - the menu options and choices were just unbelievable. Its lovely to be able to sit out in the park while at sea and really enjoyed this part of Oasis. The Wipeout cafe is great for lunch when at sea as you don't need venture far from the flowrider/ sports deck. The Boardwalk area is also lovely. It has the old favourites of Sorrento pizza and Promenade cafe - always good aswell! Promenade Cafe is great for an afternoon cuppa and cake!!! If anything, you must try the Cupcake More decorating class, it was so much fun. 150 Central Park was also an amazing meal and highly recommended.

I loved the fact that you could pre-book your shows before you cruised. I know this might not suit some people but I thought it was really good to get to see the shows when you wanted to and not miss out - although we did miss out on the Comedy Show because we didn't book and were a bit disappointed. The On Air Club was well located on the Promenade and we ended up here at the end of the evenings entertainment and was always good for a laugh. All the entertainment was fantastic - the ice show, aqua theatre, Hairspray, etc. Always a sure fire good night is the Promenade Party - the Cruise Director Richard Spacey was amazingly funny!

I could keep going on and on about everything fantastic about Oasis because it is just huge and fabulous, but you must just book it and go experience it for yourself, you really won't be disappointed! Oh but last recommendation - do try out the zip slide - its brilliant and I screamed the whole way as I'm afraid of heights but was determined not to miss out on an experience like that!! Less

Read more Oasis of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Oasis of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Oasis of the Seas Superior Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony Deck 6 86**

We stayed in a balcony room on Deck 8. it was right in the middle of the ship and was perfectly located for taking a stroll through Central Park late a night! I didn't find a problem with the room, however, unlike other RC ships there was a lack of storage in comparison, i.e. there were no bedside cabinets with drawers - these were just shelves. I do hear that Allure will have ipod clocks and this is a good idea as there is no clock similar to hotel standards. The bathroom was very nicely finished with wooden interior and tile detail so a bit nicer to look at than previous RC cabins. In general the rooms were nice and the beds very comfortable for a good nights sleep.

We were so busy wanting to experience Oasis, we weren't particularly bothered about getting off the ship - it was actually nice to enjoy the peace and quiet when everyone else got off, but to be honest the lure of Atlantis in Bahamas was too much and we got off at Nassau. We booked the Atlantis Aquaventure tour through the ship as we didn't want it to go away without us!! Atlantis is stunning - the view from the ship is unbelievable. the scenery in general on arrival at Nassau is gorgeous and out of this world. We absolutely loved Atlantis. The aquaventure was such good fun but unfortunately just not long on the island to enjoy it to its full advantage plus we didn't get any additional time to see more of the Atlantis resort itself. Although I know I definitely want to go back and see more of this luxury resort.... However, what you dont' get told is that the resort is credit card or gift card only. So remember and take your credit card otherwise you need to find a shop in the resort and purchase a gift card to rent a locker to enjoy the water-rides!! Saves a bit of time and less stressful... enjoy!!

Read 2662 Nassau Reviews