Celebrity Infinity Cruise Review by fredly47: Honest review of celebrity infinity

fredly47
Member Since 2009

Compare Prices on Celebrity Infinity Alaska Cruises

Honest review of celebrity infinity

Sail Date: July 2010
Destination: Alaska
Embarkation: Seattle

''i will start from the booking process. Not knowing the ship or the line, I called Celebrity to book. I wanted a balcony room with an unobstructed view and the rep recommended deck 9 which was a slight upgrade. I booked cabin 9041. The location was convenient being close to the stairs and elevators and one deck below the buffet. However, I would absolutely call this an obstructed view and would never book this deck again. There is a huge overhang from the deck above and posts that hold it up. This prevented us from seeing the top of the landscape as we were cruising the inland passage. It also ruined most photo opportunities. It was insulting to advertise this as an upgrade.

That being said, the cabin was okay, a little narrow and I kept banging my shins on the bed. The bathroom was nice and roomy and there was plenty of storage. The loveseat was comfortable and a pleasure to have for reading and watching the scenery go by. The cabin steward was excellent and gave us fresh More ice twice a day. There were 2 umbrellas in the cabin which was nice considering we had awful weather in Alaska. It could stand some modernization as the decor seemed dated.

Now on to the food which again, only okay. My two main complaints are that 1. the food was only lukewarm (not good for escargot)and the desserts were mediocre at best. They were not plated as nicely as other ships we have sailed on and were very blah. The buffet was also only fair,

hEre are some good points. Embarkation and de-embarkation were excellent and very easy. The entertainment was outstanding with very talented performers and staging..

Hope this review helps future cruisers with you decisions. Less

Read more Celebrity Infinity cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Infinity Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Infinity 9041

Was on deck 9 which was a balcony upgrade and it turned out to be an obstructed view because of huge overhang and diagonal posts. Could not see top of scenery as it went by and could not take good photographs. cabin very narrow.

Not much to do if you do not take a tour,

Read 837 Juneau Reviews

A great little city and fun to walk around. We had been there before and enjoyed it.

Take the city tour on the yellow street car. It's great and lots of fun

Read 643 Skagway Reviews

Beautiful city with great shops and restaurants

Read 553 Victoria Reviews