Bahamas Celebration Cruise Review by mckim007: Great weekend away!!

mckim007
Member Since 2010

Great weekend away!!

Sail Date: July 2010
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Other

I arrived at the Port just before 11am, so it was not busy. My car was valet parked,($30- 2 days) guys were very friendly. Your luggage is taken away at curbside, and deposited at your cabin - those guys were friendly too. After check -in, you get to choose where you want to eat, if you want any special wines with dinner, excursions, and spa treatments, all while waiting to board the ship. Boarding was at noon. Cabins are not ready until 2pm so they encourage you to go to the top deck for buffet lunch - which was great! The cabin was fine, larger than I had anticipated from reading other reviews. The cabin voltage is 220 as previously mentioned in other reviews, handy to know if you want to blow dry your hair and such. I had an adapter with me so i was fine :)

Dinner was great! First night was The Crystal Dining room, 5 course dinner, and several choices. Second night was Rio's - you choose your appetizer selections from a buffet, then order the main course from the menu. More Also Brazilian style skewered meats came around to the tables. The Beef Wellington was my favourite.

The shows the first night were great. A vibrant female singer, followed by an unusual Argentinian act (not sure what he was doing!), and a British comedian, who was very funny! I didn't go to the second night of shows, so can't comment.

I took an excursion in Freeport to the Lucaya resort. I was glad I had done it because i got to see more than had I taken a taxi on my own, but there was no commentary on the bus, so we missed out on local info and stuff about the island. The resort was nice, the pools and beaches gorgeous. Not enough shade though. The hotel next door was part of the deal, and you could use their facilities and pool with much more shade, but that was not widely known. I had to ask, before I found some shade there. I would say the excursion was worth the cost for a first timer, another time I may do things differently. Less

Read more Bahamas Celebration cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Bahamas Celebration Review >>

Cabin review: Bahamas Celebration 6123

Larger than I expected!! Plenty of hangers and space for dresses - if only 2 people in the room! No drawers for small items. Plenty of space for cases under the bed. Bathroom was just fine, average size for a ship. Outlets 220, so need an adapter for hair dryer and tongs etc. Ice in room upon request. Clean towels when needed. very friendly staff.

i didn't see that there was much to do right at the port of Freeport. If you didn't take an excursion, then most likely a taxi would be the next best bet to Port Lucaya and the resort there.

Read 775 Freeport Reviews