Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by spindrift54: Sailing in my little pod!!

spindrift54
Member Since 2009

Compare Prices on Norwegian Epic Transatlantic Cruises

Sailing in my little pod!!

Sail Date: June 2010
Destination: Transatlantic
Embarkation: Southampton

I enjoyed the experience of my little 'studio'. It was just right for me and once I figured out how to adjust the lights...choice of colors.. I was comfortable. It. The window to the hall stayed closed because the hall light was blue and it didn't agree with the light I had chosen.I heard quite a few complaints but I was happy...except for the long walk 'home'. It felt good to nap in my little cocoon in the afternoon. The living room made it easy to meet other people to talk with and arrange to share time with. There was a cappacchino maker, bar tender and snacks. How about that!!

I would have liked some lectures, but there were none.The Trivia was my favorite thing and thankfully they had it morning and afternoon....silly and fun.I thought the shows were excellent.I went to them all and enjoyed them. Seating was easy and good.As a single, I fitted right in up in front everywhere!! One night, we were told we couldn't have a center table in the Manhattan because we were told More that they were for 'special people'. My friend objected saying WE were special people and who could be more special than we were. Another waitress put us at one of the tables meant for 'special people'. I was amused.

The casino was in the middle of the ship...full of smoke...and difficult to walk through since I'm not a smoker. All in all I had a good time. I would choose a studio again!! It made the solo experience easy and fun!! Less

Read more Norwegian Epic cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Epic Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Epic 12543

12543 I loved it!!! but the walk was like a hike to get to living room or anywhere else. I was not allowed to use the exit path for life boat drill that was was printed on the back of my door. I was later told at the desk that because it was a crew's stairway I couldn't use it for the drill but in case of a real emergency I would be allowed to!!! That makes no sense to me!!! Weren't we trying to know what we should do in a real emergency?? I had no idea which way to go after I was turned away from that. I walked about half the length of the ship and then down from 12 to 5th deck and then back half the length of the ship..on the 5th deck. Not a pleasant thought if the ship had been in trouble!!!!!! My little cabin: cozy and nice...temperature control was great....lights rather funky, but OK. I hated to leave it when the cruise was over!!! Oh, across from the snack room (Which wasn"t ready yet)

Again disembarking from the ship and buses to the airport were a problem. NCL should disembark first people they are taking to airports. Buses should not have to wait for people who had colored passes that didn't coordinate for transportation to the air ports.Our bus (the second to go to LGA)was not allowed to leave because we were waiting for people who were to disembark hours after we needed to leave for the airport.(Finally after much complaining we went. There seemed to be no one who was in charge.) Next should be hotels and THEN people walking ashore. Disembarking people by decks just doesn"t work.

Checking in to the ship was terrible. I felt NCL cared much more about the press and travel agents than they did their passengers.We waited hours while those people were shuttled ahead of us to enjoy time on the ship!! All if this while we crowded to wait.I was told to wait in the dock's lounge and we would be the first to board!!!! Not true. NCL simply forgot about us and we had a much longer wait for having believed that was true!! I hope NCL will pay more attention to their passengers in the future. (I won"t even talk about the disembarking!!)