Liberty of the Seas 5

“Royal Caribbean is truely the BEST!”
Cruise review of Royal Caribbean Liberty of the Seas

froggy8997
Member Since 2004
4 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

I will start by saying this was probably the best cruise we have been on so far. We are Platinum members with Royal Caribbean (8 cruises) I am a travel agent.

Check In: Because we are platinum members and staying in a suite(JS), we got to go to the special line. So, I'm not kidding, about 10 mins is all it took us to get from door to ship. The lady that checked us in was Super friendly and quick and efficient.

STATEROOM: (JS) We chose a Junior Suits this time, which we were very pleased with. It is very similar layout to the Balcony staterooms, but had a actual bathtub instead of the tube shower. It also had a walk in closet, which was awesome.

STAFF The staff on this ship was incredible! Especially the cruise director, Mike. He was truly funny. Not cheese ball funny!! Truly funny! I found myself laughing outloud at some of his humor. Our stateroom attendant was Boris. He was great! Always happy and attentive. Two nights he let us make a video of himself More demonstrating how to fold the towel animals! Every staff member we encountered was very friendly. Truly happy to be there.

FOOD The food was good, I won't say excellent. Food is so debatable, I may like something that you don't. I will say we ate at both Chops and Portofino's...By far Portofino's was better. and Ronah our waitress, truly made our dinner an experience. We had to send our steaks back at Chops because they were so bad.

EXCURSIONS We are not the typical cruisers that do tons of excursions, so our review may bore you! We didn't even get off the ship in Labadee and Cozumel! We loved the ship soo much and wanted time to relax and enjoy it. HINT: When everyone else gets off the ship to do $100.00 excursions where they are herded like cattle, the ship is empty, and that's the time to hit the pools!! No fighting for pool chairs etc.

SHOWS The Ice Show was Fantastic! The "up in the Air show" was Beautiful! The "Ever after" show was Weird! We skipped the Frankie Valley tribute(not our time era) The singers and dancers were very good. The late night comedy was great (2 different comedians) The Quest scavenger hunt is a must! Don't miss out on the fun! We had seen a prior Quest so we knew what to expect. Mike, the cruise director, realized many of the guests came loaded down with the usual requests (compasses, bras etc.) so he switched it up and did some fun and NEW things we hadn't seen previously. It was a hoot! I won't give it all away, but my favorite was, one Big guy and one Skinny guy from each team dirty dancing for 30 secs. The Love and Marriage Game show is always funny too.

Flowrider It was fun to watch the people wipe out. We didn't do it though.

Overall, The Liberty of the Seas was a fantastic vacation. We thoroughly enjoyed every minute! Royal Caribbean, in my opinion THE BEST cruise line out there!!! Less

Liberty of the Seas Cruises to the Western Caribbean

Overall Ratings

Sail Date: July 2010
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review: Junior Suite

JS1670
JUNIOR SUITE CABIN 1670 Big balcony, Bathtub in bathroom, Walk in closet. Quiet location little walk to elevator, but not bad.

Published 07/13/10

1 Helpful Vote
Read Cruise Critic's Liberty of the Seas Review

Liberty of the Seas Cruises to the Western Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?