Carnival Victory Cruise Review by CuriousGeorgeAtl

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Victory Cruise Review by CuriousGeorgeAtl
Carnival Victory
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

A Victory at Sea
We had a great time and from what we could see, everybody was having fun. Getting to the port, getting on the ship, getting to the cabin was easy and stress free. The cabin was clean, plenty of room and plenty of storage, the staff did a great job of keeping the cabin taken care of all week and it was nice that they made a point of greeting me by name.

I was disappointed that at dinner each night people tended to dress overly casual in the dining rooms. More than 50% of the people dressed in shorts most nights and many wore jeans and t-shirts on formal night. When I asked the Maitre'D, I was told that they cannot ask people to leave or to dress correctly, that they do not want upset people. I agree with some casual attire and perhaps the requirement of a jacket and tie not required, however long pants and a collared shirt should be required.

With the buffet at lunch and dinner the dining experience was the constant lines every morning for breakfast and every day at lunch. No matter then time we always had a 15 minute wait - I notice that other cruise lines have worked this little kink out, perhaps they can try to learn from the other lines.

We enjoyed the movies at night on the big screen however it was hard to get a drink, there was a shortage of servers. I was also surprised that they charged for popcorn, they need to give that out for free, like on Princess.

I also was impressed on each of the islands. While the locals were very 'aggressive' to ask if you were interested in a tour and when I had mentioned I had one already booked they all were very pleasant and wished that I enjoy my day on the island.

I used the Wifi with my laptop and found the service to be reliable and worked at a decent speed for being on a cruise ship and the packages to be a fair price.

The disembarkation process was smooth and well organized.

What Carnival does well is provide a good product and there are few 'add ons or dining options where you have to pay extra. Many people noted that on other ships they spent quite a bit in extra surcharges, something that was free on this ship. The Gelato Bar and Gourmet Coffee was one of the few add ons and well worth the $3.

Publication Date: 07/11/10