Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by BuckeyeMama430: OOH LA LA What a Cruise :)

BuckeyeMama430
Member Since 2010

Compare Prices on Explorer of the Seas Bermuda Cruises

OOH LA LA What a Cruise :)

Sail Date: June 2010
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

This was my husband and my first cruise. I love the water and my husband is deathly afraid of it. So~watching the weather with apprehension~the national weather service calling for active hurricane season~we boarded "our ship". We travelled with chattyCathy and her family~ our very dear friends. We could not have asked for a better time. We could not ask for anyone to treat us better, for better service or anything else. Our room steward did not let the ice melt or anything be out of place for our entire trip. Our cabin was impeccable. And we loved the towel animals and especially the towel baby:)

We loved our servers in the dining room~JoRhonda and Corinna. Our Head Waiter was from India and I do not remember his name. But he was very kind, visited our table and made sure everything was the way we wanted. My husband travels to India frequently, and when our Head Waiter found this out, he made sure we had some special delicacies from India that were on the menu. JoRhonda More and Corrina were impeccable. And, as chattyCathy said~by the end of our week, they were like family. The food was delicious, and there was so many choices and excellent quality. Excellent food. Excellent service. Excellent fun.

Jimmy Rhodes the Cruise Director has so much energy and caused so much good commotion. Entertainment was so much fun. You can either stay busy with activities on board, or rest. My husband enjoyed walking the decks. He would put many miles on through out the day, and this helped keep him in shape with the large meals we were eating! Speaking of decks, the crew was on hand throughout the duartion, painting, cleaning and maintaining.

So my husband who doesn't like the water enjoyed himself immensely. My husband who doesn't like the water enjoyed jet skiing and sea trekking on our stops. My husband who doesn't like the water got up at 6:30 am to swim with me almost every morning, when no-one else was in the pool. My husband who doesn't like the water said he'd do this again. We had only a few things we didn't like. My luggage didn't come with our other luggage, and was found on the third floor at 11 P.M. our first night. We were on the eighth floor. And our Express Departure was a mess. But after being catered to and being in such elegant surroundings, and having such excellent & friendly service, that part is just an afterthought. Less

Read more Explorer of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Explorer of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Explorer of the Seas Interior Stateroom Deck 6

Beautiful old city & beautiful beaches.

San Juan was proably the most beautiful on first sight, but the taxi drivers at the end of the pier were obnoxious and hounding. Didn't make for a pleasant welcome. It was very hot in San Juan and I couldn't breathe. Thank God for the stores with their air conditioning!

Read 1358 San Juan Reviews

St. Maarten is very beautiful but it's quite noticable how hurricanes have ravaged this little island. The most beautiful thing about St. Maarten was their people. I have never met such beautiful, gentle speaking people. If we were all like that this would be a better place. Didn't matter if you were black or white. People were kind to each other.

Great fun Sea Trekking! Beautiful beaches & fun shopping! Don't forget to buy your 5 bottles of booze to bring home!

Read 2320 St. Thomas Reviews