Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by BuckeyeMama430

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by BuckeyeMama430
Explorer of the Seas
Explorer of the Seas
Member Name: BuckeyeMama430
Cruise Date: June 2010
Embarkation: Bayonne (Cape Liberty)
Destination: Bermuda
Cabin Category: L
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Entertainment 5+

OOH LA LA What a Cruise :)

This was my husband and my first cruise. I love the water and my husband is deathly afraid of it. So~watching the weather with apprehension~the national weather service calling for active hurricane season~we boarded "our ship". We travelled with chattyCathy and her family~ our very dear friends. We could not have asked for a better time. We could not ask for anyone to treat us better, for better service or anything else. Our room steward did not let the ice melt or anything be out of place for our entire trip. Our cabin was impeccable. And we loved the towel animals and especially the towel baby:)

We loved our servers in the dining room~JoRhonda and Corinna. Our Head Waiter was from India and I do not remember his name. But he was very kind, visited our table and made sure everything was the way we wanted. My husband travels to India frequently, and when our Head Waiter found this out, he made sure we had some special delicacies from India that were on the menu. JoRhonda and Corrina were impeccable. And, as chattyCathy said~by the end of our week, they were like family. The food was delicious, and there was so many choices and excellent quality. Excellent food. Excellent service. Excellent fun.

Jimmy Rhodes the Cruise Director has so much energy and caused so much good commotion. Entertainment was so much fun. You can either stay busy with activities on board, or rest. My husband enjoyed walking the decks. He would put many miles on through out the day, and this helped keep him in shape with the large meals we were eating! Speaking of decks, the crew was on hand throughout the duartion, painting, cleaning and maintaining.

So my husband who doesn't like the water enjoyed himself immensely. My husband who doesn't like the water enjoyed jet skiing and sea trekking on our stops. My husband who doesn't like the water got up at 6:30 am to swim with me almost every morning, when no-one else was in the pool. My husband who doesn't like the water said he'd do this again. We had only a few things we didn't like. My luggage didn't come with our other luggage, and was found on the third floor at 11 P.M. our first night. We were on the eighth floor. And our Express Departure was a mess. But after being catered to and being in such elegant surroundings, and having such excellent & friendly service, that part is just an afterthought.

Publication Date: 07/11/10