MSC Fantasia Cruise Review by Sooner20: Kids under 18 cruise free

Kids under 18 cruise free

Sail Date: June 2010
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Embarkation: Barcelona

I traveled with my 16 daughter and 20 year old son. My daughter and I cruised on MSC last summer, too, since she is free until she is 18 with two paying adults.

This cruise is not like a Carnival cruise. Dinner and snack options are rather limited. There are many courses served at dinner, but none is particularly good.

This is an Italian ship, and there are few American guests. Nonetheless, the staff is very helpful, and I didn't find much of a communication problem.

The ship is very clean, and the rooms were well maintained. There were only two afternoons that we were on the ship, and I looked forward to lying by the pool. Unfortunately, everyone else did, too, and finding sunchairs was difficult.

Drinks, including water, are expensive. The ship offers a Sports Bar and Tex Mex Restaurant which offer decent (better than the dining room)food, for an extra charge.

I thought the cruise itself was very affordable. Drinks, extra food and More excursion costs add up, but those items are all optional.

There were a number of great ports of call. If your number one concern isn't delicious cuisine, I'd recommend it. Less

Read more MSC Fantasia cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's MSC Fantasia Review >>

Cabin review: MSC Fantasia 9034

Good balcony. Noisy room- some sort of squeaky noise all night.

We enjoyed the aquarium, but due to arriving so early on a Sunday nothing was open.

Read 127 Genoa Reviews

It was beautiful, but we spent too much time on the bus for the City Tour. Our Monte Cristo tour canceled.

I'm sure this is usually a wonderful stop. Unfortunately, on the day we arrived, the seas were rough. We boarded what appeared to be a big ferry, for a 45 minute ride to Capri. It was a disaster.

Five minutes into the ride, we all realized how very rough the seas were. The boat lurched violently. People were literally screaming. Then came the barf bags. The attendants handed out trash bags, because many people were vomiting. It was hot, it smelled, the sound... I think you get the picture.

The boat we were going to rent at Capri was not available due to the rough water. The beach by the port was very rocky and pretty. We shopped around and found a very large ferry for the ride back. The larger boat, which actually transported cars was fine. It was still beautiful, and I plan to return on a calmer day.

Read 647 Naples Reviews

Our beach tour excursion canceled. The tour of the city and the Chapel of St Rosalia, then the short trip to the beach was very nice.

Read 102 Palermo Reviews

We took the catamaran tour. It was wonderful! Lots of sun, so bring your sunscreen.

We rode a camel on the dock. Not much of a ride, actually; really more a photo opportunity for 5 euros. It was fun. The shopping tour was interesting. Our guide was great- a Tunisian Rodney Dangerfield. I would have like to have stayed longer than the 5 hour excursion allowed.