“Epic queues and cigarette smoke”
Cruise review of Norwegian Epic

M62 Norwegian Epic 3 Epic queues and cigarette smoke
M62
Member Since 2010
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
The Epic has some very good points and some real disappointments.

The entertainment on board was excellent: The Blue Man group, Second City, the circus and a brilliant fiddle player in the atrium and much more. I like the free style dining but disliked the large number of restaurants that had a surcharge. The ship seemed to be designed to take extra money whenever possible. There are too many surcharges.

I liked the separate shower and toilet in the cabin but found it difficult to move about the cabin as the shape made the space very tight. The washbasin was minute. The lack of an adult swimming pool and lack of proper promenade deck was disappointing.

There are too many queues. We queued to board, we queued for a very long time to get ashore, we queued to speak to reception, to book entertainment tickets and then to get into the venue we had already booked tickets for. The queues were indeed epic. The venues are too small for the size of the ship.

The most distressing feature was the casino, through which you were almost forced to walk. It was full of cigarette smoke. I am surprised that such an area can be allowed with the current smoking laws. It is a health hazard and very unpleasant for non smokers to walk through. I suggest that NCL reconsider their smoking policy. The ship is designed for younger people and families and this will extend the market for NCL, which is good policy but I would not wish to have to walk my children through the very smoky casino area.

Because of the queues, the large number of surcharges and the smoking policy, we will not travel on the Epic again.

Norwegian Epic Cruises to Transatlantic
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Family Balcony

B4
The cabin looks excellent but the shape makes it hard to move about. It is a tight squeeze and I am a size 12. The separate toilet and shower was great but the wash basin is too small. The bed, bedding and towels were very good. The balcony is large and pleasant but needs a bigger table. The TV is a good size but the choice of channels is poor. Only one free film channel.
Published 07/11/10
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Norwegian Epic Review
Norwegian Epic Cruises to Transatlantic
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?