Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by M62: Epic queues and cigarette smoke

M62
Member Since 2010
1 Post

Compare Prices on Norwegian Epic Transatlantic Cruises

Epic queues and cigarette smoke

Sail Date: June 2010
Destination: Transatlantic
Embarkation: Southampton

The Epic has some very good points and some real disappointments.

The entertainment on board was excellent: The Blue Man group, Second City, the circus and a brilliant fiddle player in the atrium and much more. I like the free style dining but disliked the large number of restaurants that had a surcharge. The ship seemed to be designed to take extra money whenever possible. There are too many surcharges.

I liked the separate shower and toilet in the cabin but found it difficult to move about the cabin as the shape made the space very tight. The washbasin was minute. The lack of an adult swimming pool and lack of proper promenade deck was disappointing.

There are too many queues. We queued to board, we queued for a very long time to get ashore, we queued to speak to reception, to book entertainment tickets and then to get into the venue we had already booked tickets for. The queues were indeed epic. The venues are too small for the size of the ship. More

The most distressing feature was the casino, through which you were almost forced to walk. It was full of cigarette smoke. I am surprised that such an area can be allowed with the current smoking laws. It is a health hazard and very unpleasant for non smokers to walk through. I suggest that NCL reconsider their smoking policy. The ship is designed for younger people and families and this will extend the market for NCL, which is good policy but I would not wish to have to walk my children through the very smoky casino area.

Because of the queues, the large number of surcharges and the smoking policy, we will not travel on the Epic again. Less

Read more Norwegian Epic cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Epic Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Epic

The cabin looks excellent but the shape makes it hard to move about. It is a tight squeeze and I am a size 12. The separate toilet and shower was great but the wash basin is too small. The bed, bedding and towels were very good. The balcony is large and pleasant but needs a bigger table. The TV is a good size but the choice of channels is poor. Only one free film channel.