Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by yogimax: Don't Miss the Deli - that's where the captain eats!

yogimax
Member Since 2004
13,526 Posts

Compare Prices on Majesty of the Seas Bahamas Cruises

Don't Miss the Deli - that's where the captain eats!

Sail Date: June 2010
Destination: Bahamas

We took this short cruise with the purpose of attaining Diamond+ status before the requirements are changed. I have to say that my preconceived notions of Majesty were completely wrong. I imagined an older, smaller ship that wouldn't compare with Voyager or Freedom Class ships.

We were pleasantly surprised, however. Majesty has actually become one of Mrs. Yogimax's favorites! We had an interior cabin on deck 5. Granted the cabin was tiny, even by cruise line standards, but it was functional.

We ate in the MDR and had a wonderful head Waiter from India named Daniel. When he learned that we enjoyed Indian food, he brought us an extra dish each evening. The service was excellent. We did miss having lobster on formal night, however. I should also comment that this formal night was the most informal I have ever seen.

For lunch, do not miss the deli, which is somewhat hidden away on the deck above the Windjammer. The made to order crepe desserts were wonderful! More I also noted that many of the ship's executive staff, including the captain, had also discovered this little gem.

We did enjoy the nightly Diamond Event, although we never saw more than two other people there. They were a couple from the gulf coast of Florida and he was enjoying his 133rd cruise.

The ports were a mixed bag. Key West is always fun for walking. We bought tickets on one of the hop on, hop off shuttles and rode around twice, with different drivers and different stories. Many shops were having $5 sales. You don't have to spend the big bucks for color changing shirts. Many of these stores have them for $5.

Nassau continues to amaze me in that the Bahamian government has done little to make this stop a tourist haven. If anyone is reading this in the Bahamas, please understand how much income the cruise industry is bringing and do some basics, like fixing the sidewalks in the port area. The main shopping street (Bay Street?) should be made into a pedestrian mall with cars being re-routed around this area. We did enter the raffle for a free 5 carat gemstone and did win, making the stop worthwhile.

Coco Cay was really nice, except for the overly friendly stingrays, which some people seemed to enjoy. We also won a free para-sailing award so we bought the other and had a blast! The only negative was the length of the flight, much too short.

Overall, we were pleasantly surprised by Majesty. I think you would enjoy this short cruise. Less

Read more Majesty of the Seas cruise reviews >>