Rhapsody of the Seas Cruise Review by athena73

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Rhapsody of the Seas Cruise Review by athena73
Rhapsody of the Seas
Rhapsody of the Seas
Member Name: athena73
Cruise Date: June 2010
Embarkation: Seattle
Destination: Alaska
Cabin Category: F
See More About: Rhapsody of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Alaska Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Dining 5+

Beautiful music on the Rhapsody!
This was my first time on any Royal Caribbean ship and if they are like the Rhapsody, then it won't be my last!! Embarkation in Seattle was a breeze! Lines like crazy, but that is typical and they moved fast! Got on board and hit the Windjammer for crazy good eats. Best cruise buffet I have ever had! Did a little exploring. First thing I noticed was the abundance of lounging areas with huge windows for watching the scenery. Another big thing is the layout of this ship. I walked it once and never had a problem finding anything. The layout is very linear. I did notice some wear and tear. I understand she is a little older and due for dry dock. Checked out the stateroom. Larger than expected. Loved the little couch but not the little shower!! Smallest shower I have ever seen. Dinner that night in the Edelweiss was fantastic and yummy. Was disappointed in the theater, though. Tiny seats and if you sit in the middle of the row, its hard to get drink service. If you sit in the balcony, you get bigger seats, but a less than perfect view. Oh well. Throughout the cruise, I spent time in the Shall We Dance lounge and the Schooner Bar. Both fun places to hang out in.

I was a bit disappointed in some of the service. Some bar staff and wait staff were incredibly friendly but others were consistently short and surly. Sat through an entire trivia session in the Shall we Dance surrounded by used cups, glasses and plates from whatever was in there previously. Often slow in cleaning up in public areas. However, the dining staff were top notch. Such personal service from our head waiter, waiter, and assistant waiter made the trip truly wonderful.

Was also a little disappointed in the production numbers (thought they were a little bland), but really enjoyed the entertainers brought on board.

Overall, I would definitely sail on the Rhapsody again. I can totally see why people want to return to her.

Publication Date: 07/08/10