Rhapsody of the Seas Cruise Review by athena73: Beautiful music on the Rhapsody!

athena73
Member Since 2007

Compare Prices on Rhapsody of the Seas Alaska Cruises

Beautiful music on the Rhapsody!

Sail Date: June 2010
Destination: Alaska
Embarkation: Seattle

This was my first time on any Royal Caribbean ship and if they are like the Rhapsody, then it won't be my last!! Embarkation in Seattle was a breeze! Lines like crazy, but that is typical and they moved fast! Got on board and hit the Windjammer for crazy good eats. Best cruise buffet I have ever had! Did a little exploring. First thing I noticed was the abundance of lounging areas with huge windows for watching the scenery. Another big thing is the layout of this ship. I walked it once and never had a problem finding anything. The layout is very linear. I did notice some wear and tear. I understand she is a little older and due for dry dock. Checked out the stateroom. Larger than expected. Loved the little couch but not the little shower!! Smallest shower I have ever seen. Dinner that night in the Edelweiss was fantastic and yummy. Was disappointed in the theater, though. Tiny seats and if you sit in the middle of the row, its hard to get drink service. If you sit in the balcony, you More get bigger seats, but a less than perfect view. Oh well. Throughout the cruise, I spent time in the Shall We Dance lounge and the Schooner Bar. Both fun places to hang out in.

I was a bit disappointed in some of the service. Some bar staff and wait staff were incredibly friendly but others were consistently short and surly. Sat through an entire trivia session in the Shall we Dance surrounded by used cups, glasses and plates from whatever was in there previously. Often slow in cleaning up in public areas. However, the dining staff were top notch. Such personal service from our head waiter, waiter, and assistant waiter made the trip truly wonderful.

Was also a little disappointed in the production numbers (thought they were a little bland), but really enjoyed the entertainers brought on board.

Overall, I would definitely sail on the Rhapsody again. I can totally see why people want to return to her. Less

Read more Rhapsody of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Rhapsody of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Rhapsody of the Seas Large Oceanview Stateroom Deck 3 3606

Very quiet, close to elevators, lots of closet, tiny shower!!

A lot of fun. Took the bus to Mendenhall Glacier then did a little shopping around town. If you decide to eat in town, good luck. We ate at the Red Dog Saloon and it seemed that everybody else did too. They were a little swamped. I would suggest going back to your ship.

Read 841 Juneau Reviews

Did the White Pass train ride. HOLY COW!!! Totally recommend it for anybody going to Skagway. The views are fantastic and you get to ride a train!

Read 645 Skagway Reviews

We were lucky enough to be in Victoria on Canada Day. The city is so beautiful and elegant. The flowers hanging from the light posts were so pretty. We went to the Underwater Garden museum. Nice place, but not really worth the $9 bucks to get in. Wish we had gone to the Royal B.C. museum. Oh well. That's what we get for letting the kids chose.

Read 558 Victoria Reviews