Star Princess Cruise Review by DoctorT

Cruise Date: June 2010
Embarkation: Copenhagen
Destination: Baltic & Northern Europe
Cabin Category: BB
See More About: Star Princess Cruise Reviews | Baltic & Northern Europe Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Star Princess Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Star Princess Deck Plans
Baltics in June
Overall the tour of the Baltic was very good. We choose Princess based on ports first and price second. Each of the 7 of us had things we wish we could have changed but nothing except the bland food, less than Cruise level singers and terrible tour guide in in Gdansk was agreed upon. The entire Princess staff was found to be working as hard as possible to make our trip enjoyable. Some cabin stewards spoke better English and that assisted in some having more positive encounters and receiving what they asked for more expeditously. We asked for and were able to obtain a second seating, the free style for 7 or more has not been a positive experience for us on other Princess Cruises. Service at dinner was what we have come to expect for this line in the last year or so. The service has declined and is not as personalized as it has been. The food choices we made were found to be bland. Breakfast at the coffee bar was quite enjoyable and the coffee so much better than the liquid coffee from a frozen mixture served in the dining rooms and Horizon Court.

We each enjoyed a variety of positive experiences on the ship and on our private tours,We did not experience many of the pit falls we heard about from others on their Princess tours since our were arranged by Plan it for you at hot mail dot com. They did our tours when we sailed Holland America in the Mediterranean last summer hence we used the again. Never a problem with them will use them again. I hate to do the work, I recognize others enjoy spending their time on tour selection, its not for me.

The Trivia contests were uniquelly difficult :), the lecture/workshops were very good. I do not have photoshop at home but the person giving the lessons was easy to follow and understand. I did not participate in the Journal entry sessions but heard they were very good also. We did not experience the negatives I read about in other reviews but have noticed a drop in attention to detail and WOW what a drop in entertainment talent.

I would do this tour again but feel from I have been hearing about Disney which is now cruising the Baltic I would give them a try. Dave is very funny, bright and full on information. You see

Publication Date: 07/08/10