Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by emma abrahams

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by emma abrahams
Carnival Conquest
Dining 5+
Entertainment 5+
Shore Excursions 5+

Conquest with family
From start to finish my time on carnival conquest was effortless!

I was initially unsure the cruise would suit my 31 age needs but was pleasantly surprised and loved how all ages were catered for.

The entire journey was full of choice whether it be food, excursions, entertainment etc. Being English; afternoon tea was a lovely touch when in need of a little break from the sun and a memory of home. The ship itself was pure luxury and exciting to explore as was huge with so much to offer.

All the staff/crew were superb especially the guys who worked the 24 hour pizza which was a favourite destination of an evening after dancing away a few calories in the disco which was even more entertaining due to the vibrant dancers.

Dining was a joy, there was always so much choice, and food 24 hours is why I lost weight prior to this cruise to enjoy the delights! The restaurant provided us with the same table and waiters, who were on the ball and made us feel special, they even saved our bottle of wine for the following evening.I have to also mention the delectable steak house...a little extra to pay for this but not much and is worth every dollar...keep this little gem as a treat whilst on-board; I recommend the surf and turf (lobster/fillet steak combo) amazing!

Ports of call offered the most fabulous choices of trips; I chose water falls in Jamaica + speed boat (James Bond stylie!), Swimming with turtles in Grand Caymen (simply sensational: favourite trip of the holiday!), then rounding off with a lazy all inclusive beach/drink day in Cozumel including water-sports for my little moment of energy (thanks to Mario our drinks waiter...strawberry daquiri ahoy!)

The days at sea were jam packed with choice; listed on a daily leaflet outlining everything to do. Whether lazing on the deck catching some rays was your thing, playing mini golf, entering competitions, dipping in the pools or visiting the selection of food areas (of which sushi was far my favourite...yum!)

The twice daily room cleaning was second to none and I loved the towel animals on my bed so much that I attended the towel lesson on board and bought the book...very impressive to friends upon return!!! A new party trick! My room was a real treat (very spacious) with amazing sea views, which was fantastic when pulling into a port. Room service was a lovely touch and fully inclusive (fajita wraps were delicious).

The shows were so entertaining especially the magician who I couldn't take my eyes off, she was amazing!I wanted to know how she created such wonder. There are so many other points about the ship, I could go on for ever. I would love to holiday with Carnival conquest again as there is so much to do, my next holiday would be equally exciting and can understand why the majority or the cruisers had been cruising with carnival for years.

Changed my opinion completely of cruise holidays for the better!!! Young, old, couples, families, gay/straight...will suit all!!

Publication Date: 07/07/10