Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by emma abrahams: Conquest with family

Compare Prices on Carnival Conquest Western Caribbean Cruises

Conquest with family

Sail Date: May 2010
Embarkation: Galveston

From start to finish my time on carnival conquest was effortless!

I was initially unsure the cruise would suit my 31 age needs but was pleasantly surprised and loved how all ages were catered for.

The entire journey was full of choice whether it be food, excursions, entertainment etc. Being English; afternoon tea was a lovely touch when in need of a little break from the sun and a memory of home. The ship itself was pure luxury and exciting to explore as was huge with so much to offer.

All the staff/crew were superb especially the guys who worked the 24 hour pizza which was a favourite destination of an evening after dancing away a few calories in the disco which was even more entertaining due to the vibrant dancers.

Dining was a joy, there was always so much choice, and food 24 hours is why I lost weight prior to this cruise to enjoy the delights! The restaurant provided us with the same table and waiters, who were on the ball and made us feel More special, they even saved our bottle of wine for the following evening.I have to also mention the delectable steak house...a little extra to pay for this but not much and is worth every dollar...keep this little gem as a treat whilst on-board; I recommend the surf and turf (lobster/fillet steak combo) amazing!

Ports of call offered the most fabulous choices of trips; I chose water falls in Jamaica + speed boat (James Bond stylie!), Swimming with turtles in Grand Caymen (simply sensational: favourite trip of the holiday!), then rounding off with a lazy all inclusive beach/drink day in Cozumel including water-sports for my little moment of energy (thanks to Mario our drinks waiter...strawberry daquiri ahoy!)

The days at sea were jam packed with choice; listed on a daily leaflet outlining everything to do. Whether lazing on the deck catching some rays was your thing, playing mini golf, entering competitions, dipping in the pools or visiting the selection of food areas (of which sushi was far my favourite...yum!)

The twice daily room cleaning was second to none and I loved the towel animals on my bed so much that I attended the towel lesson on board and bought the book...very impressive to friends upon return!!! A new party trick! My room was a real treat (very spacious) with amazing sea views, which was fantastic when pulling into a port. Room service was a lovely touch and fully inclusive (fajita wraps were delicious).

The shows were so entertaining especially the magician who I couldn't take my eyes off, she was amazing!I wanted to know how she created such wonder. There are so many other points about the ship, I could go on for ever. I would love to holiday with Carnival conquest again as there is so much to do, my next holiday would be equally exciting and can understand why the majority or the cruisers had been cruising with carnival for years.

Changed my opinion completely of cruise holidays for the better!!! Young, old, couples, families, gay/straight...will suit all!! Less

Read more Carnival Conquest cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Conquest Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Conquest Oceanview Riviera

I had a great balcony, with a fabulous view when approaching Jamaica in particular. The room was very noisy from the singers/band starting next to the casino until around 11pm as the room was literally just above them. I didn't mind this as I was always out of the room at these times either dining, drinking, dancing or at shows. Though maybe not suitable for more elderly people or people with young children.

I chose a lazy all inclusive beach/drink day in Cozumel including water-sports for my little moment of energy (thanks to Mario our drinks waiter...strawberry daquiri ahoy!) For those who like a little tiple this is the place to go as Mario brought continuous drinks...all free!!! The buffet lunch was great too and had my favourite nachos, chilli and salsa...dig in I say! We went on the canoes, a huge inflatable iceberg and massive trampoline in the sea; all were fully inclusive and loads of fun. There were also pedalos, but we decided enough exercise, time to shop....there were lots of shops selling Mexico delights, I bought a beautiful hammock which I managed to get for half the price they started at...so haggle for sure. The actual port had loads of shops too, where you can buy the traditional mexican hats and have a tequilla or two (when in Mexico....) Great fun all round!

Read 3083 Cozumel Reviews

I chose to go swimming with turtles in Grand Caymen (simply sensational: favourite trip of the holiday!). As we drove to the turtle place we passed beautiful coastlines with crystal clear sea and white sands. What a beautiful island...my favourite of all 3. Once at the turtle place, there were loads of them...we could catch the little ones and hold them (of which I have many pictures of them), touch the huge ones and look over at some sharks. We also saw some amazing birds and held seeds whilst some flew onto our hands. A burger and chips was lunch which was just what we needed and great for kids/families. We emerged ourselves into the water with snorkel gear and played catch the turtles, which was hillarious fun, then lazed on the sandy area in the boiling heat. What a fabulous day and you could walk around at your leisure and do what you wanted in your own order. But I recommend you grab your food by 1pm at the latest. The best excursion!!!

I chose water falls in Jamaica + speed boat (James Bond stylie!). This was a great excursion. The boat was crazy and exciting. We both had a turn to drive it. Upon arrival from the boat the sky opened and rain poured down with thunder storms. Vut we continued to climb the waterfall. Which I thought was a great attitude to it as why not, we were wet anyway. Loads of fun, rain or shine! The only thing I would say is there was a bit of confusion about the shoes you need to climb the waterfall (and believe me you do need them), you can buy them before the climb, but agree a price when you get to the shoe section not on the mini bus that takes you. Probably better to just buy them rather than buy as not much in the price. We found that the stingrays and norse sharks were in the area we started and ended at so if you want to also swim with these you can bring extra money and pay for these while you are there. Try the yummy banana rum and Jamaican coffee, both are delicious. Great experience!