Carnival Legend Cruise Review by Coffmans: First Time was Fan-freaking-tastic

Compare Prices on Carnival Legend Western Caribbean Cruises

First Time was Fan-freaking-tastic

Sail Date: June 2010
Embarkation: Tampa

My wife and I were first-timers when it came to boarding the Carnival Legend on June 20th. We knew we would have a good time but our expectations were blown out of the water. The staff on the ship was tremendous.

Dining: Ana (our head waitress) and her team were excellent, I cannot say enough good things about them.

Cabin: The cabins were a bit cramped but, after all, it is a ship. Our room steward was tremendous, whenever we had a question or a need, he was at our door within seconds.

Entertainment: The shows were great, what can I say, we had lots of fun. The ship offered different types of entertainment, ranging from comedians to jugglers and even a hypnotist. My only suggestion is if you go on a cruise, do not get overly intoxicated and try to heckle the comedians.

Excursions: My only complaint is with debarking the ship for shore excursions. It seemed the Carnival gives precedence to passengers who book excursions through the ship rather More than 3rd party companies. We were one of the first in line for Cozumel for our excursion but we had to wait in line for more than an hour while passengers who booked excursions through the ship were allowed to leave ahead of us. This not only upset me but it upset the many passengers who were in line with us, as they had excursions as well.

Embarking/Disembarking: Getting on the ship is much more difficult than getting off the ship. We arrived at the airport about 9:30 AM and we waited until about 11:30 AM for the Carnival bus to arrive. Upon getting to the terminal, there were long lines, people complaining, the usual routine. Disembarking, we were one of the last zones so we waited for what seemed to be an eternity. Upon hearing our zone number, it took us 15-20 minutes to get our bags, exit the terminal, and enter the bus to the airport. Less

Read more Carnival Legend cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Legend Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Legend Upper/Lower Riviera

It was raining heavily so I didn't know what to expect. We booked a cave tubing excursion and it was raining hard so I didn't know what to expect. The tour started out a bit rocky as the van we were being transported to the site in broke down. But the guide arranged for a bus, who showed up a couple of minutes later, and the cave tubing was great. My wife is still talking about the cave tubing.

My wife had booked a jungle ride on ATVs as our excursion. When we saw the previous party leaving, they were covered in dirt and mud so we were a bit hesitant. But we both had our own ATVs and we ran them through the mud. The guides were fantastic and this was one of the best adventures we have had.

Read 3106 Cozumel Reviews

Grand Cayman was amazing. This is definitely a port that is designed for tourists. We did not book any excursions but my wife loves to shop and she was not disappointed. This port has anything you can want and it is easy to get around.

My wife and I were only in Roatan for a few minutes. One suggestion that I would make is be sure that your calling card works in all countries. Our calling card worked in Grand Cayman but did not in Roatan and the 3 minute call home cost us over $60.

Read 1646 Roatan Reviews