Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by snowy owl

Carnival Miracle
Carnival Miracle
Member Name: snowy owl
Cruise Date: June 2010
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Cabin Category: 8C
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
        16+ 5.0
Value-for-Money 5+

Snowy Owls cruise
We are a family of 4. Two daughters 15 and 18. Hubby and wife. We are from MN so we normally cruise in the winter but this cruise we went in June to celebrate our daughters graduation and her 18th birthday. We booked this trip because it sailed out of NY and she has always wanted to see NY.

We flew in a day early and stayed at the Holiday Inn in Midtown. It was on 57th so we walked over to Central Park and got to see a little of that. The morning of the cruise we went over after 11:00. I had VIP for the first time. For me it did not work. They give you a little form to fill out and one of the questions on it was Have you had a sore throat, running nose, etc in the last seven days. I answer yes (cause I did have a sore throat the week before.) Well I did not read what happens if you say yes. They quarantine you. (I was being honest). Well she said come with me please. We had to wait in a lounge area out in the main area for the nurse to come off the ship. We waited a long time. She took my temp (normal) and asked me a question. Then on we went. My problem with that was I felt the nurse should of been there already so we did not have to wait so long. There was another lady that answered yes to a runny nose, it was her allergies. So much for my first VIP treatment. oh well

When we got on the ship we went up to the back pool and grabbed a table then ate. Yes I did notice the tables did not get cleared right away but I just thought it was because it was a little farther away from the main eating area. After that first day they had someone back there cleaning up. They did a good job. We had a good size roll call so I set up a meet and greet back there too. I had my sign on the table and people gathered around. I set it up for 4-6. I thought it worked out well. Later on the 3rd sea day Malcolm and Sparkles had a cruise critic meeting planned for us. I wish more of our people would of came. They talked to us about cruise critic then did some trivia and the winners to the questions got a glass of wine. I thought it was nice that they acknowledged us. My younger daughter join Club o2 and made a lot of new friends and had a blast. My older daughter was able to join because she just turned 18 two days before the cruise but she never went. She found a family with kids her age to hang out with. We are the kinda people that just go with the flow. It we don't like something its like whatever move on no biggy. So we did not have any real problems with anything. I did not feel I got treated any different for being Platinum verse reg. We got two soda cards for the girls. It was just a sticker on your card. My oldest daughter lost her card and lanyard that she bought and they fixed it right away. She did have a problem with it not working when we got off at Grand Turks. They just took her info down and looked at her id and told her to have it fix at the customer service desk. They have you bring your Id (driver license etc.)Good thing because they looked at hers.

The islands: Grand Turk was nice,we just got off and went over to the beach and layed under the palm trees. Daughter and I walked through the store. Did not order any drinks or food. The beaches are rocky so watch your feet. I would go back. I heard people were getting cuts on there feet. We really did not do Margaretville but walked through it. It was nice. Half Moon Cay was awesome. We definitely could do that again. The beach was really soft. We just got a clam shell over our chairs and relaxed. The ship staff comes out and works so there is always someone running around saying bar service do you want something?. Nassau my daughter and I went shopping. I though the straw market felt like a oven. Some of the vender's would not budge on there prices so we just walked on. Daughter got some good deals. She was buying for her friends back home. Then we walked the street stores that is were I thought prices were way to high. It is not cheap there. It is hard to buy things (souvenir's) that we have back home in the dollar stores and pay a lot more because it says Bahamas on it. We really enjoy the sea days. We could cruise even without stops. The weather was perfect and the seas were calm.

The staff was good. Our waiter in the dinning room did all the work. We only saw his assistant like once during the dinners. I know he does a lot to help but to tip him I felt he should of done more with the tables. Like clearing and misc. Our waiter did it all. We kelp the tips on but tipped our waiter more. Our room steward was good. He had to work around us. We had a late sleeper so he had to do our room later in the morning or afternoon. I told him not to worry about it we were fine with out being made up. I got the VIP goodies in our room on different nights. We did a load of laundry on our own. It was just easier. The food was great. Club o2 was great. Over all we loved it. I would do that route again except I could do with out Nassau. Oh and I thought the ship was always being cleaned and in great shape. They are hard workers on these ships. Love it and want to go back.

Publication Date: 07/06/10