Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Review by Danrad: Luxury Cruising on the Eclipse

Luxury Cruising on the Eclipse

Sail Date: April 2010
Destination: Europe - British Isles & Western
Embarkation: Southampton

Celebrity Cruises...Southampton, England... and their newest mega launch of 2010.The question - would it work? YES! After experiencing what can only be described as a delight and first class cruise, I am more than pleased to say WELL DONE CELEBRITY!

The Embarkation process was smooth and sleek, with the personal touches of Celebrity flags and butlers being present on arrival and through the check in process helping you get excited for what is ahead. I was on board within 15 minutes at 11.20, brilliant.

The first impressions of the ship is stunning, this was to be expected for me having being lucky enough to experience the Solstice at Christmas 2008. There were a few changes, mainly furnishing, which I can only say has enhanced an already magnificent product if it was possible. The sleek lines and modern dEcor is a welcome paradise and well worthy of a 5* title. The ship really has defined the art of 'big ship cruising' making the ship seem uncrowded with both large More and welcoming venue and also small, comfortable and even intimate lounges and retreats too.

The food was delicious and perfectly cooked. I felt the 'old' celebrity had returned, having been slightly disappointed in the past with the decline and cut backs previously made on food. The high, first class standard had returned with each dish at dinner being tasty and enjoyable in a stunning main dinning room.

As this was only four nights it was obvious that a full cruise schedule expected over a week or two could not be fitted in e.g. Captains welcome and presence around the ship, midnight buffets and big gala spectaculars. However, Celebrity did brilliant showcasing two fantastic production including having the world premier on our cruise of one of their new shows called Eclipse. Not many people can say they have been to a world premier of a show. I am pleased to report this was a fantastically crafted and entertaining show along with 'Edge' their other production show I saw.

We had a Concierge class cabin on the angle of the ship so our balcony was at least double the size of a standard one. The cabin was the same as the Solstice being modern, practical, clean and comfortable. Personally, the Solstice class cabins are the best standard cabins on the seven seas.

The Staff were as expected. First class and friendly. Could not fault them in any way.

Overall I got the 5* cruise I was expecting. For this and every other wonderful thing that happened I would like to say Well Done and Thank you Celebrity.

Bring on Christmas 2010... 8 more nights in pure bliss and luxury. Less