SeaDream I Cruise Review by alexandra cruiser: SeaDream,first and last,sadly

SeaDream,first and last,sadly

Sail Date: June 2010
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Venice

Let me start by saying that the staff and food aboard this ship was excellent.But will not sail again with this line due to cabin size,bathroom too tiny and lack of balcony or open windows...admit I knew ahead of time of these conditions,but didnt think it would affect us so much,,,but, it really is a deal breaker for me in future... The ports of call were interesting;Dubrovnik a neat town but too many visitors, looks and feels like Disney World with to many guests...the town walls were packed,even early in AM.Quaint streets lined with guides and tourist following in packs.The other cities, Rovinj,Piran,Hvar, Trieste and Venice were intersting to explore.Went on own, all side trips extra and quite expensive, plus many offered in brocure no available due to poor interest.

Another problem was a fire in engine room which knocked out power for 5 hrs.,then dinner had to be barbeque at 10 pm on deck,and quite a hassle for guests and crew....but AC out all nite and VERY warm in More cabin without window for fresh air...many slept on deck...guess this is what really affected us,felt SO claustrophobic after that whenever in room.The crew handled it well,but STILL a real incovenience...esp. on a "luxury yacht",NOT what one expects....

Also, small ship size is nice in many respects,but did feel a little too tight after 8 days...Little shade areas,inside rooms seem smaller than a river cruise ship..But ,again, must say the staff was excellent and food better than I ve had on any cruise... Mentioned in ship review that carpeting in rooms faded and stained, for luxury ship, should be changed...then had sewer smell in halls on occasion, but could be due to all 3 generators down for many hours due to engine fire????

Sadly, because of above problems, we won t return to SeaDream..... Less

Read more SeaDream I cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's SeaDream I Review >>

Cabin review: SeaDream I 214

Cabin 214 was 195 sq ft.No balcony or windows that open.Bathroom too small, almost non functional for tall person..Sewer smell in halls on occasion.Room kept very clean and stewardess excellent.These problem are what made us decide not to return to ship in future

This probably was a great city until discovered by the large ocean liners, now very crowded and feels like Disney World...the city walls were crowded early in AM and much harder to navigate than I thought...the quaint streets were overun by tourist groups. We got there 2 days early and enjoyed the Villa Dubrovnik hotel.Really need to book extra days ,because ship embarded at 2 pm and left at 6 pm...so not able to see city if got in that day...

We got into Venice at 7pm and only had a few hours to explore..many booked extra nites as cruise ended next day in am...Had been there before so skipped it and left in am..A lovely city and worth extra days..

Read 514 Venice Reviews