SeaDream I Cruise Review by alexandra cruiser

Cruise Date: June 2010
Embarkation: Venice
Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
Cabin Category: 2
See More About: SeaDream I Cruise Reviews | Eastern Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | SeaDream Yacht Club Cruise Deals
Dining 5+

LuxuryOnly.com

Ship Facts: SeaDream I Review (by Cruise Critic!)
SeaDream,first and last,sadly
Let me start by saying that the staff and food aboard this ship was excellent.But will not sail again with this line due to cabin size,bathroom too tiny and lack of balcony or open windows...admit I knew ahead of time of these conditions,but didnt think it would affect us so much,,,but, it really is a deal breaker for me in future... The ports of call were interesting;Dubrovnik a neat town but too many visitors, looks and feels like Disney World with to many guests...the town walls were packed,even early in AM.Quaint streets lined with guides and tourist following in packs.The other cities, Rovinj,Piran,Hvar, Trieste and Venice were intersting to explore.Went on own, all side trips extra and quite expensive, plus many offered in brocure no available due to poor interest.

Another problem was a fire in engine room which knocked out power for 5 hrs.,then dinner had to be barbeque at 10 pm on deck,and quite a hassle for guests and crew....but AC out all nite and VERY warm in cabin without window for fresh air...many slept on deck...guess this is what really affected us,felt SO claustrophobic after that whenever in room.The crew handled it well,but STILL a real incovenience...esp. on a "luxury yacht",NOT what one expects....

Also, small ship size is nice in many respects,but did feel a little too tight after 8 days...Little shade areas,inside rooms seem smaller than a river cruise ship..But ,again, must say the staff was excellent and food better than I ve had on any cruise... Mentioned in ship review that carpeting in rooms faded and stained, for luxury ship, should be changed...then had sewer smell in halls on occasion, but could be due to all 3 generators down for many hours due to engine fire????

Sadly, because of above problems, we won t return to SeaDream.....

Publication Date: 07/05/10