Carnival Glory 5

“Glorious for all ages!!!”
Cruise review of Carnival Glory

murphyarnold
Member Since 2010
155 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

Just got off the Glory yesterday and I can't wait to cruise again!!!! The port of NY was easy. My sister drove us in and dropped us off and 15 minutes later we were on the boat eating at the Red Sail. We had a porthole room that we loved! If there are porthole rooms available I would book again in a heartbeat. My in laws had inside room which they were very happy with. The first day we ate the 815 dinner and they were fast to serve us. The first night show with Jorge is awesome go...you will LAUGH. Woke up the 2nd day to lots of FOG. I loved it....I have never seen anything like it. It was very humid so down the water slide me and the kids went. Fog horn every 5 minutes...YIKES! Fun day! The show that night was ok...living in America. Me, personally I would rather listen to the piano guy in the lobby with everyone dancing.

Saint John...booked a private tour with Freedom Travel (AWESOME!!!!) whatever you do go to St. Martins and see the Sea Caves..beautiful.I would get the More seafood chowder as well. BRING OLD SHOES/WATER SHOES WITH YOU!! VERY ROCKY and tiny (1-3 foot wide)creek you will walk through. Toured Saint John that was ok,but loved the Bay of Fundy! DO NOT BOOK THE BIG PINK BUS TOUR...all I heard was very boring from a lot of people. it was 70 degrees and sunny we were very lucky for a day like that!

We were in Halifax for Canada Day, beautiful city. We booked the Harbour Hopper on our own and save $100. It is a 20 minute walk down the pier. My family loved this tour. Went to the Maritime Museum...only thought this was ok. I thought there would be more info on the Titanic...not much. My husband and in laws walked the city. I took the boardwalk back to the ship with my kids. My DD ( 9 ) looked in the water along the pier and saw a starfish..when we looked again we noticed 100's of starfish and big beautiful jellyfish. It was so cool. My kids favorite part of the trip and it was free. when leaving the port stay out on deck you pass about 5-6 beautiful lighthouses. You can get some great pictures. That night we saw Justin Illusion it was ok...the guy is really cheesy. Thursday at sea sunny,but chilly. I hung out and went to Newlywed game (fun) and my DH and in-laws went to the art auction. I played Bingo too!! We went to the comedy club Tuesday and Thursday night. Do not miss this. These shows fill up fast get there 15-20 minutes early. Food was good,no complaints. The only complaint was I emailed Carnival and they said pools would be heated for the trips to Carnival and they were not. Hot tubs lukewarm. Arrival in NY was the best. 10 minutes and I was crossing the GW bridge. Overall a fantastic time. I forgot to mention Camp Carnival both of my kids LOVED it. We had 1015 kids on the boat and my kids had a blast. Less

Carnival Glory Cruises to Canada & New England

Overall Ratings

Sail Date: June 2010
Destination: Canada & New England
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Family & Children

Published 07/04/10

Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Glory Review

Carnival Glory Cruises to Canada & New England

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?