Brilliance of the Seas Cruise Review by June Cameron

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Brilliance of the Seas Cruise Review by June Cameron
Brilliance of the Seas
Brilliance of the Seas
Member Name: June Cameron
Cruise Date: November 2009
Embarkation: Barcelona
Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
Cabin Category: M
See More About: Brilliance of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Eastern Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Ship Facts: Brilliance of the Seas Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Brilliance of the Seas Deck Plans
Brilliant Cruise on Brilliance of the seas
Our Cruise aboard Brilliance of the Seas was a family affair with my husband and I, my Father and my Sister. My Father 83 and sister 57 were new to cruising, my husband Billy and I have been on 6 previous cruises. My Dear old Dad was awaiting a knee replacement so it was thought this would be the best type of holiday for him as his mobility was reduced. Embarkation was quick and uncomplicated with friendly helpful staff.

My Dad and sister were astounded by the beautiful ship and their cabin steward proudly escorted them into their cabin with a double bed. Once they explained to the cabin steward they were Father and Daughter we all had a good laugh when the steward said " SO Sorry - me no know - I get big saw and cut bed in two" - True to his word an hour later when we returned after exploring some of the ship the cabin was neatly transformed into a twin configuration.

Shore excursions were very informative and were ideal for my disabled Father - it is excellent the way they are graded according to how strenuous they may be.

We had the late dining option, we did not sample the specialist restaurants on board as we were delighted with the standard of the food in the main dining room and Windjammer cafe for lunch and snacks.

Entertainment on board was 1st class, activities were many and varied,the daily news letter left in our cabin each night at the turn-down service was very informative and a joy to read before falling asleep dreaming of our next destination.

Our stay aboard Brilliance was wonderful - food was excellent - service outstanding and the staff so friendly - so much so that my Dad and sister have booked again on Brilliance in November of this year and have asked if they can specifically have the same waitress they had at the dinner table last year. As for my husband and I we are also going away with RCCL but this time on Radiance of the Seas to sail through the Panama Canal in September - watch this space for a review of that

Disembarkation proceeded very quickly with no hitches - apart from the fact that none of us wanted to leave the beautiful Brilliance of the Seas.

Publication Date: 07/04/10
Read the Eastern Mediterranean ports review by June Cameron
More Brilliance of the Seas Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Brilliance of the Seas review Read the next Brilliance of the Seas review

More Eastern Mediterranean Cruise Reviews