“Bigger is not always better”
Cruise review of Cunard Queen Mary 2 (QM2)

gazzct Queen Mary 2 (QM2) 4 Bigger is not always better
gazzct
Member Since 2010
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
Traveling with extended family filling 3 different grade cabins on transatlantic voyage from New York-Southampton. This ship is amazing and huge however, I feel that with the ship being so large you lose that more personal feel that you seemed to get from traveling on QE2.

The staff food and cabins were all what I would expect form Cunard with all three being equally terrific. What I did not like was the actual layout of the ship with dead ends and no go areas and very few inside seats with views of the sea which is very unlike the QE2 which had inside deckchairs/loungers were you could sit for hours in front of picture windows and relax as the world goes by. Instead the only sheltered seating with sea views that we could find was in the buffet food court with a few tables having sea views (these were always taken).

Equally disappointing was the entertainment, I don't really know how to describe it other than very poor, my wife and I tried to watch several shows attended the nightclub and watched bands all with the same result, us leaving and walking on deck. The children enjoyed the zone area where they could go and spend hours doing various activities, it was also a godsend to us as keeping them entertained with the shows etc. would have been impossible.

Embarking and disembarking was a breeze and I thought the price of drinks and services were acceptable. If you are quite happy reading a book or lounging around relaxing as I am this is a for you

Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruises to Transatlantic

No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Review
Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruises to Transatlantic
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?