Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by cruising90210: Sky Review

Compare Prices on Norwegian Sky Bahamas Cruises

Sky Review

Sail Date: June 2010
Destination: Bahamas

Well I am new to cruising, but I believe that Norwegian Cruise Lines did an excellent job. I guess I will start with the bad first, just because there isn't a lot. Honestly, the only thing I have to say about that I would have liked is for there to be free/ cheaper drinks, but I guess who wouldn't? Unfortunately, I have heard that many cruises do not have a cruise with drinks included... oh well.

Now that we have that out of the way, lets get on to the good stuff. NCL had a lot of stuff for everyone. If you're old, they have that, if you're a kid, they have stuff for you, and for everyone in between there is a lot to do. It was a good family cruise, everyone could find something they are happy doing. However there were also people that went by themselves, and from what I saw they had a lot of fun too. Another highlight was the fact that all the food was free (they had food you could pay for but you have to be a compulsive spender to pay for food when 10 steps away is a More classy, sit down restaurant with full 3 course meals), and for the most part it was all very good. My family would order a couple appetizers, one or two main courses, and a couple deserts (per person) and the staff never seemed to get fed up or annoyed. Which brings me to the staff.

You could have the best ship in the world, and if the staff was bad the cruising would be too. NCL's staff was always very polite, and it was very clear that NCL had looked hard to find these people. They always served with a smile, and always were looking to help. I read a review and the person was annoyed because "there seemed to be no Americans working on the ship." This is true i only saw a few, but unless you're racist and can handle people from other places, even if they're nice, respectful, and working hard then you should be VERY pleased with the staff.

This brings me to one of the more important staff people; the Cruise Director. Our cruise director was Rob Sugar, and he did a fantastic job. You can tell someone how to do the job, but unless they really put effort into it and show that they care about how the passengers are doing, they will not perform well. Rob you could tell put a lot of effort into making sure everyone had a good time- if you didn't participate in the events he had planned, your loss. Multiple times I saw something that I normally wouldn't have been interested in staying and watching, but I knew that his humor would make me laugh so I stayed anyway, and it was never a disappointment. As for the other cruise critics that may have said negative things about him, they must have nothing better to do than hate life... I can tell you from personal experience, everyone that watched him perform was laughing the whole time. The cruise was great, and I still find myself laughing at some of the events planned on the ship... hopefully NCL keeps him so others can have as much fun at the events as our ship did. That's about it everyone... If you go on this ship looking for a good time, I'm sure you'll find it! Less

Read more Norwegian Sky cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Sky Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Sky Balcony Stateroom Norway Deck

We loved having the balcony, It was very nice to be able to sit on your own private balcony and watch the port as you sail away.

good

Read 775 Freeport Reviews

Atlantis was great