Carnival Fascination Cruise Review by mommie922

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Fascination Cruise Review by mommie922
Carnival Fascination
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Fantastic Fascination June 17-21, 2010
We embarked at the Jacksonville Port. We arrived around noon and were on the ship within 30 minutes. We were sent to the Lido deck for a lunch bufett. The lines were moving quickly and the food was very good. We were allowed in our cabin about 1:30pm. We were perfectly happy with the cabin. It had room for everything we needed. Our room stewart was very friendly and took care of all of needs in a timley manner.

Our first night at dinner we requested to be moved to a smaller table (had been seated with 10 other people) and were moved to a table by ourselves with Stephen and Luis as our waite staff. They were wonderful! Dezzi the Maitre D (Carnival's only female Maitre D) was the best! She made supper every evening a rememberable experience! Tho food was above and beyond with every meal we had! We requested Cream Brule on the first evening which is not normally served on the shorter cruises but we were served the desserst on our sea day meal. We enjoyed the piano bar and the casino. My brother spent quite a bit of time at the Spa as he won a head to toe massage and a few other treatments. I will say that I will be more than reluctant to cruise in June again exspecially on a smaller shil as there was absolutly no room to get anywhere near the pool or the water slides as there were many hundred children on the cruise and I'd guess most did not go to the carnival children programs. But that was OK I chose other activities to occupy my time on board.

We used room service a couple of times and were very happy with the service they provided.

While on the ship we did a "Behind the Fun" tour which took us through all aspects that keep the ship going on a daily basis! It was very interesting and way worth the $75 charge.

We enjoyed the Sushi bar and the Deli at the back of the dining room. If someone says the food is no good then I am not sure where they were eating as we had nothing that wasn't wonderful!

My brother participated in an Art Auction and purchased a few really nice pieces plus won 2 pieces during the raffle.

The entertainment on this ship was less than desirable. The dancers were good but the singers leave little to be desired!

On the last night we put our luggage outside our room as per request of cruise director. When we awoke the next day we went to the Lido Deck to eat breakfast and sat there and waited for our number to be called for Disembarkation. Once called we were off the ship and through customs with in about 20 minutes!

This was a very enjoyable cruise and I am looking forward to our family cruise in November upon The Carnival Glory

Publication Date: 07/04/10