Carnival Fascination Cruise Review by mommie922: Fantastic Fascination June 17-21, 2010

mommie922
Member Since 2009

Compare Prices on Carnival Fascination Bahamas Cruises

Fantastic Fascination June 17-21, 2010

Sail Date: June 2010
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Jacksonville

We embarked at the Jacksonville Port. We arrived around noon and were on the ship within 30 minutes. We were sent to the Lido deck for a lunch bufett. The lines were moving quickly and the food was very good. We were allowed in our cabin about 1:30pm. We were perfectly happy with the cabin. It had room for everything we needed. Our room stewart was very friendly and took care of all of needs in a timley manner.

Our first night at dinner we requested to be moved to a smaller table (had been seated with 10 other people) and were moved to a table by ourselves with Stephen and Luis as our waite staff. They were wonderful! Dezzi the Maitre D (Carnival's only female Maitre D) was the best! She made supper every evening a rememberable experience! Tho food was above and beyond with every meal we had! We requested Cream Brule on the first evening which is not normally served on the shorter cruises but we were served the desserst on our sea day meal. We enjoyed the piano bar and the More casino. My brother spent quite a bit of time at the Spa as he won a head to toe massage and a few other treatments. I will say that I will be more than reluctant to cruise in June again exspecially on a smaller shil as there was absolutly no room to get anywhere near the pool or the water slides as there were many hundred children on the cruise and I'd guess most did not go to the carnival children programs. But that was OK I chose other activities to occupy my time on board.

We used room service a couple of times and were very happy with the service they provided.

While on the ship we did a "Behind the Fun" tour which took us through all aspects that keep the ship going on a daily basis! It was very interesting and way worth the $75 charge.

We enjoyed the Sushi bar and the Deli at the back of the dining room. If someone says the food is no good then I am not sure where they were eating as we had nothing that wasn't wonderful!

My brother participated in an Art Auction and purchased a few really nice pieces plus won 2 pieces during the raffle.

The entertainment on this ship was less than desirable. The dancers were good but the singers leave little to be desired!

On the last night we put our luggage outside our room as per request of cruise director. When we awoke the next day we went to the Lido Deck to eat breakfast and sat there and waited for our number to be called for Disembarkation. Once called we were off the ship and through customs with in about 20 minutes!

This was a very enjoyable cruise and I am looking forward to our family cruise in November upon The Carnival Glory Less

Read more Carnival Fascination cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Fascination Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Fascination Interior Riviera E11

Our room was very nice and provided adequate space for all we needed. We were actually right around the corner from the Crew Bar but never heard anything from the area. In fact we would have never known it was there except that we had taken the "Behind The Fun" tour and they showed us the bar area.

We booked the Viva Wyndham all inclusive through Carnival for a cost of $91 each. We were picked up at the port by an air conditioned bus which took us on about a 25 minute ride to the resort. Once there we were shown around the facility and then taken to lunch. There was not a huge selection of food but what they had was exceptionally good and there was plenty of it. After eating we went to the beach where we snorkeled. kayaked, and did some wind surfing. Then after all of that just relaxed on the beach with a few drinks. This excursion included all non-alcoholic and alcoholic drinks. We were to be back on the ship by 6 pm so we were taken back to port at 5pm. Giving us plenty of time to look around the port before returning to the ship. I would suggest this excursion to anyone, families included who go to Freeport and are looking for something with several activities offered! It was way worth the cost!

Read 775 Freeport Reviews

We ported into Nassau around 7am so after eatting breakfast in the dining room we left the ship to do some shopping. My brother had never been to the Bahamas so this was an experience for him. After doing the usual shops and the straw market we decided to take a cab over to Atlantis so he could get some pictures. We lucked out and had a driver who drove us all over for just $20. We booked an excursion through Island Marketing (Booze n Cruise) that we needed to meet at 1230.So we took our stuff back to the ship, changed clothes and were back on the pier by noon. Having a few minutes to spare I took my brother to Senor Frogs for a drink. That is such a fun place! But let me tell ya when they say Congo shot line.......if you are anywhere near the Congo you are getting a shot! LOL We had fun there but needed to move on to our excursion. The excursion cost $60 each they picked us up across from the straw market. They took us on a 2 story boat out to snorkel then to a private beach then they fed us lunch (BBQ Chicken and Pork, Rice, and Corn all which was very good!) All the time on the boat you are welcome to unlimited mixed drinks (as long as not snorkeling they make you wait to drink) they do charge for beer but everything else is included. There is music, dancing, and some games on the top story of the ship. The lower level is a little more relaxed. The excursion took about 6.5 hours. Way worth the cost! We will be doing this again if in Nassau and I will say I am not a drinker so that had no deciding factor in my choice. After back on land we returned to the ship showered and enjoyed some relaxing time on the top deck people watching before heading to the show for the evening, probably should have stayed on deck. Then on to supper. We much enjoyed Nassau. This is my 4th time in Nassau.

Read 2631 Nassau Reviews