Carnival Pride Cruise Review by Kris: Carnival Pride - Mexican Riviera

Carnival Pride - Mexican Riviera

Sail Date: September 2004
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Embarkation: Los Angeles

Embarkation day, Sept. 26 We checked into the QM at about 9:30 am and then proceeded over to the terminal to wait in a line for 3 ½ hours. But we were 15th to get on board in our line!! My hats off to the Carnival workers who kept people from coming forward to cut in line. These women must have children because they have eyes in the back of their heads. They could see them coming before they knew they were coming.

Carnival allows the weddings on first, Skippers Club then those needing assistance. By the way, just because one person is in a wheelchair it does NOT allow the party of 12 with them to get on. Then the pre-registered guests are allowed on. From this point on SMILE!!! Every time you turn around you are posing for a photo-op!!

The lines moved quite quickly once we started. You first go through x-ray then off to your first photo-op. Next station your sign & sail card is placed in a kiosk and your photo is once again taken. Make sure you take the time More to look at this lovely picture when you return to the ship at one of the ports. My DH had his tongue sticking out!! LOL. Then it is off across the gangway to the ship. Oh yeah Smile!!! Another Photo-op.

Once we got on the ship we immediately went to our rooms to check them out. We were in an inside cabin on the Panorama deck, room 8256. You will hear many jokes about the bathrooms. Being an avid camper I thought the bathrooms were quite spacious. After dropping our carry-on it was off to the Lido deck to get our first drink of the day. What a view. I have never been on a cruise before. This was fabulous. I couldn't believe we had finally made it. We returned to our rooms and our luggage was there. Unpacking began. Muster drill was sounded and off to our life rafts. This took all of 20 minutes.

We went to early seating for dinner. Do not fret. If your luggage has not arrived wear what you have on. We did and didn't feel out of place. In the Normandy room we met our waiter Nicholas and assistant Anatoli. This team was fabulous. We would later see Anatoli at the midnight buffets (moonlighting). Our DH's had an in and would only yell Anatoli and a plate appeared. My sincere apologies to those that were waiting in the long lines.

Monday I won Bingo!! $1,000 I have to tell you I NEVER win anything. So we went to the art auction and purchased a Thomas Kinkade. Formal Night - We really enjoyed getting all decked out.

Tuesday At Sea. Had supper at David's Supper Club. Everyone should do this at least once. Food was great and the wait staff was wonderful.

Wednesday Puerto Vallarta- We went to Krystal Resort. This was a ten minute walk from the ship. We purchased a few drinks and sat in their pool for over four hours. This place offers jet skis, banana boats, and parasailing. There are also pool games that go on. The pool is so large that you can stay well enough away. There is a swim-up bar and a buffet area. The restrooms were clean. The staff did not bother us and it was clear from the towels and sign & sail card (hanging around my neck) that we were from Carnival. We left from here and went into town to shop. We stopped off at Carlos O'Briens, had a drink by the yard, some nachos and received balloon hats. Had lots of fun here. We took a taxi back to the ship and took showers, ate supper and returned to port to go to Senor Frogs. This place was a lot of fun. LOUD, but fun.

Thursday Mazatlan - We had the wonderful opportunity to go to Randi's Happy Horses. Randi picked us up at the ship and transported us to the horses via open air taxi and water taxi. We had a two hour horse ride on the beach and then lunch at Victor's. Everyone must try the garlic shrimp and onion rings. The food here is fabulous and cheap. Randi can answer any question regarding the way of life about the people of Mazatlan. This excursion is a MUST do. It cost us $45 a person and approximately $15 per person for food and drinks. You are gone about 5 hours. Randi makes sure you return to the ship in plenty of time. Voom at the Taj Mahal - Very well done show.

Friday Cabo San Lucas - We went into town and shopped and then stopped off at Cabo Wabo's. Watch out for the Waborita. It goes down like punch. YUMMY!!! I had three and needless to say my feet were no longer hurting. Before you sit down at the bar area there is no food other than pizza available. However you may opt to go upstairs to the restaurant. Adult comedy in the Taj Mahal. What a funny guy. Sorry I can?t think of his name off the top of my head.

Saturday Day at Sea ? Bummer. It's almost over. Time to pack. Remember to leave out a change of clothes for the morning. Luggage needs to be in the hall by 11.

Sunday Disembarkation - Yes we were the last color to be called. The time did fly as we stayed in the Taj Mahal with the comedian. We got off the boat around noon time. Customs went very smoothly. Earlier in the day I had visited the custom officers and went over everything that was purchased. We did go over the allowable amount for cigarettes by 5 packs. This was no big deal and the officer said the amount of paperwork was not worth it to him or the $1.20 it would cost me.

I can?t remember when everything took place but some of the must sees are Greg Kneale's bedtime story, Not so newlywed show, awe heck, just see everything he does. He is a fabulous cruise director. We had more laughs at him and with him.

There is so much to do on the ship. We couldn't possibly have done everything. Guess I will have to go again. One thing I did forget to bring was a highlighter for the Carnival Caper's. This is the newspaper and it lists everything that goes on for the day. For those of you with an inside cabin, make sure you bring an alarm clock. You know the ones that are red numbered. You cannot see a thing in these cabins when the lights are out. But you can take a nap at any time of the day without a problem. Less

Read more Carnival Pride cruise reviews >>