Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by BC18

Carnival Miracle
Carnival Miracle
Member Name: BC18
Cruise Date: June 2010
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Cabin Category: 7A

Had a Wonderful Time
About Ourselves: We are a married couple in our early 30's. My husband has never been on a cruise and wasn't really looking forward to it. I have been on 2 cruises previously, but they were both when I was a teenager and they were only for 3 or 4 days. I am going to apologize because this is going to be a long review but I wanted to give as much information as I can.

Getting There & Embarkation: We live on Long Island so we took the train to Penn Station and then took a taxi to the cruise terminal. We got to the terminal at 12:30 and they were just starting to let people onto the ship so I wouldn't get there too much earlier. The line to check-in was not too bad and we were on the ship in less then thirty minutes. We went up to Lido deck for lunch, it took a while to find a table but there are plenty so you will find a seat. After lunch we walked around the ship and then went to out room.

Ship: The ship is beautiful, especially the main lobby when you walk in. The layout is very good and it is very easy to find everything. There are so many wonderful rooms and things to see, make sure you get a map and walk around and get a feel for things.

Cabin: We were both pleasantly surprised by the size of the room, obviously nothing like a hotel in the US but we had stayed at a small hotel in Paris last year and our cabin was bigger then that! There is plenty of storage in this room for everything you have. We put 2 big suitcases and 2 little ones under our bed. B/w the closets, the cubby and the shelf in the bathroom we were set. We were in 5176 which is an obstructed view balcony. Our balcony was in b/w 2 lifeboats so on the left side of the balcony, the boat obstructed our view if we were sitting down but from the right side we only had a little end of the other lifeboat blocking out view. I had never been in a balcony room before and I have to tell you it was totally worth the money. Every morning, we would have coffee and take in the views and read. We also had great views when we we pulled into Grand Turk and Nassau. And although I was sad to leave on our last day, nothing will beat seeing the Statue of Liberty on our balcony that morning.

Dining: We choose the early dining seating and on our table assignment was 208 which is a table for four. We were seated with another couple and our dinner was not that enjoyable because they were not friendly at all and hardly talked. So as soon as dinner was over, we went to the Mitre D' Mario and asked for another table. He was kind enough to put as at 207 which is a table for 2 right next to the stairs when you enter the dining room. The food at dinner was delicious. We enjoyed our meals every night and were so stuffed by the time that we left. We usually order an extra appetizer each and then a few times ordered an extra entree to share. The one thing I would suggest is to order 2 lobster tails on the first formal night because they are delicious and you won't see it on the menu again. Our formal nights were the first full sea day and then the second to last full sea day. The only real items we didn't enjoy as much at dinner was the pasta. For breakfast, we ordered in twice and ate on the balcony, ate once in the lido deck and then went to the dining room and ate their the rest of the time. The food for breakfast is much better in the dining room then it is in the lido deck. For lunch we always ate at the lido deck and there were always plenty of choices. I would recommend the deli, the pizza was okay, obviosuly nothing like what you can get from NY. The have afternoon tea at 3 on sea days which is worth trying. Not a fan of cucumber sandwiches but they had some delicious desserts. At 5, a sushi bar opens up with a few diferent types of sushi to try. Believe me, you will never be hungry on this cruise. We were celebrating our anniversary, so we ate at Nick & Noras's one night. It was definitely the best meal we had on the cruise, totally worth the extra money. They also had a Mexican buffet one night, but it was the night we went to Nick & Noras's so we didn't go.

Activities: There was so much to do on the ship, we were never bored. We spend some time on the pool deck which was always fun. The pool on the end of the ship (where the ice cream is) is for adults only and it was great not to have to deal with kids there. As the days went on, it was harder and harder to find a seat because people were saving deck chairs but we always found something. I attended an art auction since I had never been to one before which I enjoyed and they served free champagne which is always nice. We played mini golf and used the water slide (but it does not empty out to a pool), I went to the shopping and jewelery shows, we played some of the games that they had during the afternoon. The shows at night were good, the Beatles one is amazing, don't miss is.

All in all, we had an amazing time, my husband can't wait to go on another cruise! We loved Carnival and would definitely do another cruise with them.

Publication Date: 07/03/10