“Friendly Crew Isn't Enough”
Cruise review of American Spirit

ggandr American Spirit 2 Friendly Crew Isn't Enough
ggandr
Member Since 2010
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
The brochure says "professional staff" but we had college students on their first cruise. Most of the wait staff had never waited tables before! I have been a "training tourist" at a resort and received better service.

Food was so bad that I sent back three plates and I have NEVER sent food back to the kitchen before. Oysters Rockefeller were a solid mass encrusted to the shell. Many items were overcooked or burnt. Eggs were consistently undercooked even when ordered medium or hard. Some food was quite good, but for the price I expected every meal to be outstanding.

Our cruise director had never been to three of the six ports of call and couldn't answer questions about them.

Rooms were OK, but sort of felt like hospital room decor. The illustration of the room in promo materials appears much more spacious than reality. At least there was adequate storage--however bathroom storage was awkward.

The main activity on this ship is small talk with other guest, especially at meals. The acoustics in the dining room made this difficult (impossible at times).

This cruise was quite expensive. I would have been disappointed at 1/4 the price.

Overall Ratings

Published 07/02/10
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s American Spirit Review
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?