Queen Victoria Cruise Review by Catherine Dwyer

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Queen Victoria Cruise Review by Catherine Dwyer
Queen Victoria
Queen Victoria
Member Name: Catherine Dwyer
Cruise Date: June 2010
Embarkation: Southampton
Destination: Baltic & Northern Europe
Cabin Category: A3
See More About: Queen Victoria Cruise Reviews | Baltic & Northern Europe Cruise Reviews | Cunard Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

LuxuryOnly.com

Ship Facts: Queen Victoria Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Queen Victoria Deck Plans
Superlative Service and Customer Care
As my husband was recovering from two major operations, and an intensive course of IMRT we decided that a cruise provided the ideal opportunity to convalesce. Cunard and the Queen Victoria did not dissapoint. The organisation was superb from embarkation to disembarkation. Within an hour and a half of checking in I had unpacked our suitcases and we cracked open the complimentary bottle of champagne to toast what we hoped would be a great experience. Our balcony stateroom was an adequate size, and careful thought had gone into the ergonomic design. There was space for all the luggage we had taken, the drawers in the dressing table were perfect for all cosmetic and hairdressing products.

The public rooms were well designed, comfortable, and absorbed all the passengers. Nowhere ever felt crowded.

We ate in the formal Britannia Restaurant a couple of times, our dinning companions were excelelent company. However, due to my husband's post IMRT swallowing difficulties it became easier for us to eat in the excellent Lido buffet restaurant. After explaining my husbands medical condition to the highly professional Assistant Hotel Manager we were introduced to the 3 Lido chefs who in negotiation with my husband produced specially created soft food dishes. Nothing was too much trouble. We could not have been better looked after. Fortunately I was able to enjoy all the excellent food.

I also used the gym and the spa facilities, and would go back on the Queen Victoria, regardless of destination just to experience the fantastic Oxygen facials, and aromatherapy facials.

The aim of our cruise was for us both to relax, and get back into a life free from the tyranny of medical appointments. Not only was our aim achieved but it was supassed.

We intend to cruise with Cunard again when my husband can fully appreciate the food.

The disembarkation process was as efficient as embarkation, within less than an hour of leaving our cabins we had been reunited with our luggage and had been picked up by our friends.

A no fly cruise makes travelling a far more pleasant experience than the lengthy waits at Airports.

Publication Date: 07/02/10