Queen Victoria Cruise Review by Catherine Dwyer: Superlative Service and Customer Care

Catherine Dwyer
0 Post

Compare Prices on Queen Victoria Baltic Sea Cruises

Superlative Service and Customer Care

Sail Date: June 2010
Destination: Baltic Sea
Embarkation: Southampton

As my husband was recovering from two major operations, and an intensive course of IMRT we decided that a cruise provided the ideal opportunity to convalesce. Cunard and the Queen Victoria did not dissapoint. The organisation was superb from embarkation to disembarkation. Within an hour and a half of checking in I had unpacked our suitcases and we cracked open the complimentary bottle of champagne to toast what we hoped would be a great experience. Our balcony stateroom was an adequate size, and careful thought had gone into the ergonomic design. There was space for all the luggage we had taken, the drawers in the dressing table were perfect for all cosmetic and hairdressing products.

The public rooms were well designed, comfortable, and absorbed all the passengers. Nowhere ever felt crowded.

We ate in the formal Britannia Restaurant a couple of times, our dinning companions were excelelent company. However, due to my husband's post IMRT swallowing difficulties it More became easier for us to eat in the excellent Lido buffet restaurant. After explaining my husbands medical condition to the highly professional Assistant Hotel Manager we were introduced to the 3 Lido chefs who in negotiation with my husband produced specially created soft food dishes. Nothing was too much trouble. We could not have been better looked after. Fortunately I was able to enjoy all the excellent food.

I also used the gym and the spa facilities, and would go back on the Queen Victoria, regardless of destination just to experience the fantastic Oxygen facials, and aromatherapy facials.

The aim of our cruise was for us both to relax, and get back into a life free from the tyranny of medical appointments. Not only was our aim achieved but it was supassed.

We intend to cruise with Cunard again when my husband can fully appreciate the food.

The disembarkation process was as efficient as embarkation, within less than an hour of leaving our cabins we had been reunited with our luggage and had been picked up by our friends.

A no fly cruise makes travelling a far more pleasant experience than the lengthy waits at Airports. Less

Read more Queen Victoria cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Queen Victoria Review >>

Cabin review: Queen Victoria Balcony Deck 7 7131

Great Cabin, facilities adequate. good balcony, excellent view from Balcony. Good Steward