MSC Sinfonia Cruise Review by richard hill

Cruise Date: June 2010
Embarkation: Savona
Destination: Western Mediterranean
Cabin Category: 11
See More About: MSC Sinfonia Cruise Reviews | Western Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | MSC Cruises Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
        13-15 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Ship Facts: MSC Sinfonia Review (by Cruise Critic!) | MSC Sinfonia Deck Plans
Msc Sinfonia is too good to miss
This is a review of a trip on Msc Sinfonia; taken the first week of June 2010. So first the itinerary, got on in livorno, and you really must try it, I have never seen a check in like it, talk about Vip, we had our bag taken on arrival and walked into the smart and modern terminal, and there were about 6 people there checking in. we filled in the health form, got our ships cards, went through passports and police checks and were straight on the ship.

I have never seen anything like it , I am sure it was even better than the concord check in during the old days .You must really go there and try it.

Up the steps onto the ship and it was really nice, not all glam and glitter like Royal Caribbean or Costa, but It was super.

The ship was spotless and the staff all super friendly. We had a waitress called Cyryll who seemed to follows us about the ship but she never forgot what we drank and supplied us with nibbles and to be honest was so really very nice.

Drinks, get the drinks package before you go it's a bargain, it sounds a lot but it's really good, we did not and bought ticket books this was ok but worked out more expensive.

Food, could not fault it, we had table 79 in the rear restaurant and if you find a better table anywhere at sea I will be amazed, our waiter Sayfel was brilliant offering little extras and very attentive, I could not fault him.

Entertainment, well it was good I think the Italian night was the best, but overall not bad, not amazing like some ships. You can't really say anything wrong about this at all.

Ports visited, Loved Monte Carlo, got into the town after a short walk, and sat and dribbled at the boats there. When we left we had a small encounter with the mistral wind that blows down in their area, the captain told me it was force 9 and I can assure the ship hardly moved showing what a good ship she is.

Valencia , was really to hot to go far, so just walked to the terminal where I found a duty free shop and the fags were English and cheap that did me fine .

Ibiza, lovely area we moored in we had a real nice walk down to the marina had a drink and watched the world go by in a stunning locations surrounded by the rich and famous. Just delightful.

La Gomera, well we took the official taxis but still got ripped of , was 40 euros for 4 for 5 hours , we booked to go to the medina but he took us to carthage and sidi bu said, which was beautiful but not we had originally wanted. Anyway it was an experience and the area we went was beautiful, but just really hard selling from all the driver friends and not enjoyable.

Catania, walked up to the main square and had a drink, but so very dirty and scruffy and buildings falling and crumbling. Was ok but won't rush back nice view of Mount Etna from the pool of the ship.

Naples, well really liked it, was sort of worried after its reputation being bad but was nice. We ended up in the equivalent of Oxford Street and were impressed it was clean and friendly, apart for the 100 beggars, well not that many, got some real bargains and want to go back ASAP.

Finally back to Livorno, and again it could not have been easier bags there and everything smooth.

Our overall impression of the ship was great, would we recommend it to anyone, yes without reservation , but, you cant go there expecting loads of English , its mixed Europeans and that's fine, there was no excessive drinking no shoving in the lunch Q it was really nice not to find larger louts . The food is great you will find something you like, im really fussy and I had no problems and they even had baked beans and porridge for breakfast, not in the same bowl.

One departure I heard and English voice a guy from Staines it turned out, I asked him did you enjoy it as much as we did he said not really it was ok , I asked him oh really what did you not like , he said they don't have freestyle dining like Ncl, I said well did you check that when you booked he said yes, , so my conclusion what an idiot, how can he say such a stupid thing as a reason not to like what was a great holiday and a tremendous value for money package delivered by Msc

Ok what did we not like , very little really, you cant have a nice jug of cold water with your dinner and they don't give away water for free we were told not even tap..., ha and I suppose that was all that wound us up.

I must point out the animation team for a special mention, we are not great joiner ins but really enjoyed all their games and shows and antics even though most of the time we just watched. Gulio and Federica and Massimo and Vallie and fabrizio and all the ones whos names I have forgotten were brilliant and the best animation team we have ever seen on a ship. And we have been on a few.

What else oh yes the cabin we were lucky and had a suite, and it could not be faulted it even had a walk in wardrobe, ha that was fun, never had time to watch TV, or do much else in the cabin but it was just stunning.

Look you lot reading this review take my advice and book your self on an Msc cruise they have great deals, and represent great value for money , but don't book on Sinfonia we want it empty, so we can get a deal and back this year, next year is too long to wait for such a great time. Don't tell your friends what I said and don't look for offers on our ship we want to keep it a secret ok, have fun cruising .............. but not on our ship please

Publication Date: 06/29/10