Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by viper8399: NCL Sky Great Pick for first time cruisers

viper8399
Member Since 2010

Family & Children 2.0

Compare Prices on Norwegian Sky Bahamas Cruises

NCL Sky Great Pick for first time cruisers

Sail Date: June 2010
Destination: Bahamas

We live in Florida, just an hour or so from the port so we drove down. We arrived around 11:30 and flew threw check in. No wait at all and were on the boat and beginning our cruise around 12:15. We started off exploring the ship and eventually got some food at the Great Outdoor Cafe on the back of the boat. Nothing special to eat but tasted great.

Rooms opened up around 2 pm and all of our luggage was delivered by about 4:30. We went for a quick splash in the pool before we went to dinner at the Palace Main dinning room. Service was good and the food was very good too. We then played a little bingo and watched the shows. We got a good buzz going at that point so we headed down to Dazzles Night Club for some dancing and then off to bed, about 2am, to get up early for Nassau.

After a quick breakfast at the Garden Cafe, we got off the ship around 9 and explored Nassau. We got back on around 3 and had some lunch then straight to the hot tub to relax the mussels. Dinner More that night was at Il Adagio. Again service and food was good. Went to the shows then to the white hot party on deck followed by the after party. After a good bit of dancing, went to bed again around 2am for our next stop at Great Stirup Cay.

We ate breakfast and got off on to the tender around 10 am. The tender was full but there was no line to get on. We got back to the ship around 3 and went back to the hot tubes again. We washed up, played bingo, had dinner then watched the final shows. We went to the Adult Quest Show only as observers but I ended up getting pulled in a couple of times.

We got back to port and did not want to leave the ship. Once we finally decided it was time to go, we disembarked around 9:30 with our luggage and were in our car driving home within 20 minutes. I am horrible with names so I'm sorry I cannot give the Cruise Director credit but he was wonderful. Very funny and engaging with the cruisers. Also the Assistant Cruise Director Rob Sugar was very good as well. I've seen some not so favorable reviews of him but my wife and I like both of them very much. It had be a wonderful vacation and bonding experience for my wife and I. We have been together for 10 years and were celebrating our 7th wedding anniversary. Less

Read more Norwegian Sky cruise reviews >>