Pride of America Cruise Review by seentheworld

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Pride of America Cruise Review by seentheworld
Pride of America
Pride of America
Member Name: seentheworld
Cruise Date: June 2010
Embarkation: Honolulu
Destination: Hawaii
Cabin Category: IA

Honest truth NCL Pride of America
HAWAII is beautiful and nothing can take that away, it is paradise. I have cruised almost every line including some foreign ones and I will be very honest. This itinerary is one of the best ever however, if you want to spend double your price of the cruise this one is for you. They even have a coffee bar where coffee costs you $1.79 a cup.

This cruise might be OK for the first time cruiser who has nothing to compare it to. To start the price increased several times before final, but since this was a family cruise and we wanted the romantic setting and vacation times were set we proceeded. The food was OK, nothing great. The specialty restaurants are pricey and again nothing great. Free Style dining is certainly that, you should plan on extra time for dining even with reservations which you will need unless you want to eat in the buffet and fight the crowds. Service is lacking in every aspect, perhaps the American staff attributes to that. Be prepared they are not what you are used to with other cruises with foreign staff. There is an over abundance of staff who are always getting in your way, are not friendly or helpful. I never met an officer (white uniform and they are all over the ship), that greeted me or was helpful.

There were many anniversary couples and honeymooners but the ship does not offer anything special for them. We thought we would renew our vows and the ship used to do that but not anymore. The have opted for magic acts and comedy for entertainment, sadly lacking again. I did not meet one person that thought this cruise was great except for the itinerary. While they offer lots of excursions they are exceedingly high. I would suggest pre-renting a car in each port and seeing the islands at your leisure or if you do not want to drive, hire a taxi at each port and ask for a tour of the island. They are great and they know all the special places to see. I was warned this cruise was not good and the reviews support that but thought perhaps it had gotten better, not so. Beware and be warned if you book this cruise, I certainly wish I had.

Publication Date: 06/28/10