Carnival Glory Cruise Review by Harshalpatil

Carnival Glory
Carnival Glory
Member Name: Harshalpatil
Cruise Date: June 2010
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Destination: Canada & New England
Cabin Category: 4C
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Glory made my vacation Glorious
Ship: This is a very nice ship! Color schemes are appealing and the layout is easy to navigate for a short cruise. We don't have any trouble finding things. All new Deck chairs, carpet and many upgrades. There is a BIG SCREEN TV on the main poolside deck. CARNIVAL also added the Adult Serenity deck to the front with Hammocks, two hot tubs and it is very relaxing. The ship is decorated nicely and in a COLORS scheme. Ie: Burgundy bar, Ivory Lounge, Black bar, etc. The AMBER PALACE theatre was very nice. The shows were up par as on all my past ships. I never had to wait for an elevator more than like 2 minutes. Interior is little bit Flashy.

Carnival Glory Food- Golden Dining Room, Red Sail. Actually I love Indian Spicy food. If I compared with good restaurant it was very good. The food was amazing. Food at Red Sail was all excellent at breakfast and lunchtime. Fruits were fresh. Omelet station was too good. I never tried so many pastries in my lifetime. If you have not good experience with food, there must be something terrible going on. In Golden Dining room Variety is less but whatever they provided for 4 days it was good. 24X7 Pizza was good and sometimes ok. Emerald Steak House: I eat only chicken as a non-veg dish so I never tried Steak House.

PLEASE DON'T WASTE FOOD!!! If you are not sure about food taste please take less/ enough food in your dish and don't worry about food availability in next turn. I saw people were taking food in there dishes which will be enough for 3-4 peoples lunch and throwing as it is.

Carnival Glory Public Rooms: Main public areas are very clean, freshly decorated and in spanking new condition - and toilets are not the exception. The casino was packed all the time especially at night. I never saw teens in the adult's only area. Serenity Jacuzzi experience was very nice.

Carnival Glory Cabins: Our room was 2321 a category which is an inside room. I think Carnival has biggest state room as compared to other cruises. Cleanliness was at par. We never heard any noise from side walls.

Carnival Glory Entertainment: The show first night was living in America. It was ok kind of for me.

2nd Day night was an magic JUSTIN ILLUSION. Great show with rock music, lighting effects, and dancers. The sound system was awesome. Don't miss this show. Try to sit in front rows effect will be terrific. I don't have any knowledge about 50s Rock music which songs are

3rd Day night was Just Rock. It was good. Effects and dance steps were amazing.

4th Day Comedy and Adult comedy shows were good. Cruise director Jorge was very cool LatinoJ.

Carnival Glory Fellow Passengers: Most of Carnival passengers were from NY, NJ and New England, and 20-30% was from different states. They follow the smoking zone policies. May be it depends on what type of people travelling with you. You can see lot of Kids on the ship and 50-60s people dancing on floor. Nobody can say Carnival made for young generation.

Carnival Glory Dress Code: Dress Code was big surprise for me. When I saw online there was no code and at 2nd Day they kept formal dress. Everybody was following that. Good atmosphere and small event in dining.

Crew Members: The crew members are pretty nice and courteous, our room steward was good, and our waiter at the restaurant was also good. Our room was always cleaned, and very nicely presented; there were plenty of people around to take your drink orders when you needed it. Sometimes you will ask those guys one question and they will answer different things so take it lightly but they will help you anyhow.

Debarkation: Debarkation was a breeze with the ability to just walk off the ship with your own luggage. We were out in 10 minutes. Some people should take appreciation for the positive things and understand what it takes to prepare and serve 3,000 people. One that can be comprehended minor mishaps will not seem that important to you and can be overlooked.

Very important thing I observed that people always keep comparing with other ships and they have different perspective about cruising.

Eg: One family with kids they were comparing Glory with Disney cruises. They were expecting theme should be kids oriented. If Carnival started behaving like Disney 80% passenger will go mad.

2nd family were expecting more time for Saint John to explore more places so they disappointed a lot.

3rd Family disappointed due to they don't get treatment like VIP in dinner.

4th incident was with me and same story in same fashion. I read this review wrote by one lady about Glory. This incident happened in Golden dining Room. Table Artist was joking about his color skin while showing Card tricks. He asked my wife about does she like color of coffee or chocolate. And whatever is the answer he will reply so you must like me because of my color skin. Common guys we are so liberal and thinking 10 times about this joke?

So it depends upon what expectation you have set for Cruising

I will appreciate for the positive things and understand what it takes to prepare and serve 3,000 people. One that can be comprehended minor mishaps will not seem that important to you and can be overlooked. They are working for us 24X7. Overall, I enjoyed my cruising experience and one of the best vacations in my lifetime!!!

Publication Date: 06/27/10