Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by sgenes: Is there a plague on the Constellation?

sgenes
Member Since 2010

Compare Prices on Celebrity Constellation Baltic Sea Cruises

Is there a plague on the Constellation?

Sail Date: June 2010
Destination: Baltic Sea
Embarkation: Amsterdam

We were held up from getting on board the Constellation on June 9 for over 4 hours as the crew was scrubbing her down stem to stern. Apparently 300-400 guests took ill on the prior cruise and they were trying to stem the virus. For the first few days their work looked successful, but then slowly guests started reporting in to the medical center. I was one of them, and our travel partners took ill the last night on board. We heard rumors that only 50-60 took ill on our cruise, still too many. Isn't there a real cure Celebrity can take to rid their ships of this virus?

Must say that the service on board was great. Food okay, except for the Tuscan Grill which was a wonderful dinner. We opted to pay a little more for a larger stateroom and were so very glad we did, and it came with a number of additional very nice amenities. Definitely worth the couple hundred dollars for a 12 night cruise.

Entertainment was weak on board, although a couple entertains were worth the More time; visit Michaels Club for a fun hour. Internet connections were some of the slowest I've experienced; not sure why, but everyone I talked with experienced the same.

The newly designed Cafe al Bacio was one of the best ideas Celebrity had in its makeover of the Constellation, and it was usually hard to fine a seat.

I didn't get the feeling of being on a larger ship, which was good for me as I really enjoy Regent's ships at about a third the number of guests. Less

Read more Celebrity Constellation cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Constellation Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Constellation Concierge Class Vista Deck (7) 8149

8149 was an upgraded room with an extra 20 sq ft and was worth every penney. Quiet location, yet close to elevators and stairs. Very minor vibrations, mostly coming in or leaving port.