Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by nycangel78: Great time of FOS for 1st time cruisers!

nycangel78
Member Since 2009

Compare Prices on Freedom of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Great time of FOS for 1st time cruisers!

Sail Date: June 2010
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

We cruised with RC on the June 6th sailing of FOS. We had the BEST time! Everything from the cruise director (Allan Brooks), to the excursions, to the service in the dining rooms, was wonderful! Our group was my husband and myself, and 2 other couples.

Our waiter was Strawberry (Bennett), with assistant waiter May - both were fantastic, and I would definitely request them again! Food was great, I would stick to our waiters suggestions more next time, everything he recommended were truly the best choices. Chops Grille was top notch, and we would go again, we had reservations for Portofino, but canceled because of the great time we were having in the main DR.

Cococay was not my favorite. We were the only ship at the time and the island felt way too crowded. I can't imagine what it would be like with more than one boat, or the Oasis. I also would not think of eating there, as the seagulls made quite a mess of the whole area, and that totally turned me off. We eat back More on the boat. Snorkeling was OK - but you had to go pretty far to see any fish as the abundance of people everywhere made snorkeling conditions far from superior. I would parasail or jetski the next time.

St Thomas we did the Turtle Cove Sail and Snorkel - absolutely wonderful! The crew was friendly and informative, we saw many sea turtles, and the other snorkeling area was breath taking - sting rays, beautiful coral, and tons of tropical fish.

St Marteen was great as well. Beautiful island, our favorite port of call. We did Sea Trek St Marteen and would also do it again in a heart beat. The staff was great!

We had no complaints on the boat itself. It is large, with plenty to do. We did see the deck staff clearing chairs of those people who tried to reserve spots early not to come back for hours, the 30 minute rule seemed to be in full force. The pools were crowded on sea days, but what do you expect with so many people on one boat?

I would definitely book a junior suite again, the bathroom alone is worth it! No issues with embarkation or disembarking. Both went smoothly. We arrived at the port at noon, and when we returned we were #1 off - wish I could have gotten a later number as our flight wasn't until 1:30pm and we had a long wait. Didn't realize until after we could have requested a different number as our fellow travelers did.

The activities were limitless - and FUN! The shows were all great, and the cruise director Allan really tied it all together - he was funny, witty and helped make the cruise. (I'd like to know what happens with the honeymoon couple from the love and marriage show - some interesting answers given there!!)

Overall our Royal Caribbean experience was positive. I could not imagine experiencing the Oasis however, with the size of this ship crowds were everywhere pretty much - we weren't bothered by that, but not sure the huge cruise ships will be my choice in the future. Less

Read more Freedom of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Freedom of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Freedom of the Seas Junior Suite Deck 7 9348

Fantastic location, right off of centrum.