Carnival Triumph Cruise Review by Skyweil01

Embarkation: New Orleans
Cabin Category: 4B
        Under 3 5.0

Cruising is amazing!
Just back from a 5 day sailing on the Carnival Triumph.  This was our third Carnival cruise having sailed the Conquest and Paradise prior.  This also was our first experience in a interior cabin(previous balcony/OV).  Although we were traveling with a group, our cabin consisted of 4 people(2 adults, 2 kids-age 3 and 5).

Ship-  To get around you have to use deck 5, however, I did not find the layout of the ship confusing.  I thought the decor what nice(equivilent to the Paradise, worse than the Conquest).

Food-  I'll echo what others have said in the past, the buffet lines were long.  You could bypass this by using the deli or pizzaria.  As with our previous cruises, we thought the food overall was good.  With that said, a few in our party did get sick after dinner a few nights(possibly a coincidence).  Dining room service was AMAZING as usual and it was nice that our group had a ocean view table.

Stateroom-  Having had a balcony/OV on preivous ships, I found the interior statement sufficient but also must note, we will book a balcony/OV in the future.  I like to be able to see the ocean when I wake up.

Entertainment-  I thought the entertainment was quite good.  Interestly, they did have several 18+ adult shows which we were informed the Triumph was the first ship to integrate in the lineup.(haven't heard of this before)

Casino-  BJ min. bets were $10( I really missed the $5 tables).  The dealers that I encountered for the most part seemed to have bad attitudes.  Last cruise I really enjoyed the casino but this cruise I must say it was a downer.

Botton line:I rate the ship/cruise 3 out of 5.     I believe a vacation is what you make out of it and we did have a great time, but in the future, we will do a different ship(Conquest or newer).

Publication Date: 06/25/10