Carnival Triumph Cruise Review by Skyweil01: Cruising is amazing!

Skyweil01
Member Since 2003

Family & Children 5.0

Compare Prices on Carnival Triumph Western Caribbean Cruises

Cruising is amazing!

Sail Date: June 2010
Embarkation: New Orleans

Just back from a 5 day sailing on the Carnival Triumph.  This was our third Carnival cruise having sailed the Conquest and Paradise prior.  This also was our first experience in a interior cabin(previous balcony/OV).  Although we were traveling with a group, our cabin consisted of 4 people(2 adults, 2 kids-age 3 and 5).

Ship-  To get around you have to use deck 5, however, I did not find the layout of the ship confusing.  I thought the decor what nice(equivilent to the Paradise, worse than the Conquest).

Food-  I'll echo what others have said in the past, the buffet lines were long.  You could bypass this by using the deli or pizzaria.  As with our previous cruises, we thought the food overall was good.  With that said, a few in our party did get sick after dinner a few nights(possibly a coincidence).  Dining room service was AMAZING as usual and it was nice that our group had a ocean view table.

Stateroom- More   Having had a balcony/OV on preivous ships, I found the interior statement sufficient but also must note, we will book a balcony/OV in the future.  I like to be able to see the ocean when I wake up.

Entertainment-  I thought the entertainment was quite good.  Interestly, they did have several 18+ adult shows which we were informed the Triumph was the first ship to integrate in the lineup.(haven't heard of this before)

Casino-  BJ min. bets were $10( I really missed the $5 tables).  The dealers that I encountered for the most part seemed to have bad attitudes.  Last cruise I really enjoyed the casino but this cruise I must say it was a downer.

Botton line:I rate the ship/cruise 3 out of 5.     I believe a vacation is what you make out of it and we did have a great time, but in the future, we will do a different ship(Conquest or newer). Less

Read more Carnival Triumph cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Triumph Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Triumph Interior Riviera

We did Playa Uvas AI snorkel/lunch/open bar.  If you are looking for small, quiet, great value, Playa Uvas is for you.If you are looking for lots of stuff to do, sandy beach, look elsewhere.We enjoyed it and would return.

Read 3120 Cozumel Reviews

I don't know why people talk so bad about Progreso.  We really enjoyed it.  We went to the beach and had cheap massages and drinks.  They have a BEATIFUL beach.Also, this is the place to buy souveniers as they have some great prices.  Don't be afraid to haggle or say no and you WILL be approached by many vendors.

Read 285 Progreso Reviews