Carnival Splendor Cruise Review by jsjjkelly

Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Our Splendor Review 5/30 - 6/6-2010
Just putting in my 2 cents on how our cruise went, since I read each and every one of these before we went. Hopefully it helps someone. It was my inlaws (in their 60's), me, my husband (39) and my daughter 10 and son 6.

We stayed at Disneyland before our trip, and used Super Shuttle to get to Long Beach. Picked us up at noon, was at the pier by 12:30. The line was long, but once the dome opened, the line moved smoothly. We were on the ship by 1:15, so it wasn't too bad.

Our room was mid ship, and it was very nice to be able to go down 1 deck to 5 where a lot of things were, and up to the Lido and Camp Carnival where my kids were at times.

We went to Los Veranos zip lining in Puerta Vallarta (we loved it and would definitely go again), a private tour with Mazatlan Frank in Mazatlan (he was very nice and we had a great time) and we just walked around in Cabo since you aren't there very long.

We took on some water, Diet Cokes and Powerades-- the 12 pack alloted for each of us. We ran out of water first. Then the Powerades. We had the coke sticker, so we really didn't drink the cokes. The kids devoured the Powerades, and we only had 2 or 3 left by the time the cruise was done. I mention that because it seems to be such a topic, and we really did use them.

My kids weren't the biggest fans of the kids clubs, but would go for the mornings on Sea Days, and we'd pick them up for lunch. We spent most afternoons watching the kids play in the Splash park thing, or swimming in the pool. They liked the slide, and we played a few rounds of mini-golf. They went onshore with us on port days, although people did leave kids in the kids club on those days.

We ate in the dining room only on the relaxed nights. We didn't dress up for formal night but ate the buffet instead. But we had a good time, and they were all very attentive to the kids. If the kids are happy, we're all happy right? We were in the Black Pearl Upper, and we could feel quite a bit of movement. Twice I had to run back to the room for Dramamine for the kids, although they didn't need it the rest of the cruise. Just during dinner time when you could really feel it.

We used the Carnival shuttle to take us to LAX after the cruise. We had a 12:30 flight, so we had an early debarkation number (3). We were at LAX by 10:15, so we had plenty of time.

Publication Date: 06/21/10