Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruise Review by burchan

Queen Mary 2 (QM2)
Queen Mary 2 (QM2)
Member Name: burchan
Cruise Date: May 2010
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Destination: Transatlantic
Cabin Category: B1
See More About: Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruise Reviews | Transatlantic Cruise Reviews | Cunard Cruise Deals

LuxuryOnly.com

Around the world in 80 years
My wife just turned 80 and since we always traveled to Europe East to West from Sydney this time it will be west to east making it around the world for the first time. There is lot of first. First time in New York, first time on QM2 and first time in southern England. We booked return cruise with 4 days in England. I judge my experience on QM2 on past cruises. First thing that I noticed is that there is lot of similarity between all the cruises. Level of service, food quality, entertainment, ship sales all work to the same principle. Most of the people that I spoke to are dedicated QM2 travelers and have done the same crossing many times. Easy to understand why. Ship is spectacular, both departure port and arrival port are fantastic. QM2 is level above anything I have experienced before.

Food in Kings Court was of good quality and variety served on Wedgwood china instead unbreakable plates as is on other ships. Evening are for dressing for dinner and dance. It is time for people watching and it is nice. I most like that service charge is automatically added to account and there is no need to think about it any more. I always found it embarrassing to be distributing little envelopes on the last day. In England we drove to Bath and Windsor. Oakley Court hotel in Windsor was absolute highlight of the trip. We have stayed in many fine hotels on our travels but this hotel was amazing. On the last day we stayed at Ibis hotel in Southampton which was walking distance to car rental office.

On Eastbound crossing we had A1 grade balcony stateroom on 11th level and on our return it was in grade B1 in hull stateroom on 6th level. It is nice to have extra light but it was to cold to get any use of balcony. Cruise on QM2 was the best cruise that we ever took. We are glad that we did it. One negative: Sea card represent the only personal link to the cruise that we took and it was taken from us on disembarking. This is the only Sea card that is missing from my wast collection. I was so disappointed by this.

Publication Date: 06/21/10