Carnival Victory Cruise Review by danigabe

Embarkation: San Juan
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Cabin Category: 9C

Awful ship, great ports
We recently took the 7 day Southern Caribbean on Carnival Victory. I'll start out by saying that we were not expecting much from the ship. My fiance and I were first time cruisers and had not heard the best reviews about Carnival. The only reason why we chose this ship was because of the ports. We had the aft wrap around balcony on deck 6. When we arrived on the ship we walked right out on the balcony and my fiance saw a shirt on the chair. He picked it up and quickly realized that there was feces all over the shirt (yes FECES!). Needless to say we were quite disgusted! Our room steward quickly took care of it for us. The other passengers on the boat were a huge turn off. They were drunk, obnoxious, rude, and loud the entire trip. People were constantly screaming in the hallway right outside of our door, others pushed and shoved in public areas. Our balcony was the only saving grace, but every time we walked out there, people above us had thrown their cigarette butts, half eaten ice cream cones, orange peels, wrappers and hair balls on our balcony (as if the feces coated shirt wasn't gross enough). It was disgusting!!! I've traveled a lot in my life, and these are the most repulsive "guests" I have ever seen.

I do have to say that the staff on the ship were very nice and accommodating, but it was the other passengers that turned us off. I am allergic to gluten and the dining staff made sure I had a gluten free meal every night. The even brought me gluten free bread which was very nice. The food overall was so-so. Some meals were pretty good, others we barely touched. Our room was very clean (minus the balcony) but there were always foul odors walking down the hallway to our cabin, sometimes enough to make me gag.

We loved all of the islands, which again, was the only reason we sailed on the Carnival Victory. This was the first and last time we will ever use Carnival.

Publication Date: 06/19/10