Carnival Pride Cruise Review by Lynise: the Loves Likes, and Hates of a Carnival First-Timer

Lynise
Member Since 2010

Compare Prices on Carnival Pride Bahamas Cruises

the Loves Likes, and Hates of a Carnival First-Timer

Sail Date: May 2010
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Baltimore

My first time on the Carnival Pride will be a memory I won't ever forget! It was SPECTACULAR! The trip to the port is only 3o minutes from my house so Baltimore is wayy-yy high on my list of places that will get my future cruise business (smile).

The whole boarding process was quick and easy - especially having the luggage handled before parking. That is really, REALLY smart. Getting through the customs drill has become the number-one headache for most travellers these days,no matter which transportation service you use... 'nuf said! However, the process was well done and all that was needed was to wait until they allowed us on the ship. I arrived early but was on-board soon as they let us on.

Loved: The Chef's Table! It is a wonderfully, intimate and deliciously special event that the Chef du Cuisine creates just for a few guests. Chef Ramesh was marvelous and the dining evening he treated us to was 100% first-class!

Loved: Karaoke. Lots of laughs and More some hidden talents, too! I have only two words to describe the DJ: Absolutely....Brilliant!

Loved: Kurt and Jamie's morning TV show and the "secret salute". Both of them kept things lively and fun. Kurt has got to be the hardest working guy in the business. He's great at what he does.

Loved: The Normandie Restaurant, Andre and the entire Wait Staff. Very professional and polite. They make hard work look easy...and that takes a lot of talent!

Absolutely Loved: David's Steakhouse. Wow-wee! A bargain at twice the price!

Loved: The diverse bands and musicians that played in the lounges and throughout the ship.

Loved: Formal evenings! OHMYGOD...people on a ship looked soo-ooo beautiful when they get dressed up.

Liked: Lots of photos that were taken every night.

Liked: The many places to snuggle up and get some sun and sleep without being disturbed.

Liked: How most folks were friendly and having a good time.

Liked: The casino! Didn't win much, but didn't lose much either. The Manager was so sweet and patient, and the staff worked hard to keep the area clean.

HATED: The stench of cigarette smoke waifing through the casino. Geezzz!

Overall, I had a wonderful time. I enjoyed the excursions, although it was a bit too hot to be running around Universal Studio. The trip to the Atlantis Resort was worth the time. Glad I did it. Freeport was good for pictures. I didn't do much more than that.

I highly recommend Carnival Cruise Lines to anyone wanting their first cruise experience to be a good one. Less

Read more Carnival Pride cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Pride Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Pride Interior Riviera 1122

Although a bit noisy from the theatre above, my room was nonetheless comfortable and surprisingly large for an interior. The bed was totally comfortable and I slept deep and easily each night. Very, very comfortable. The bathroom was a good size, and I had plenty of closet and storage space. Located not too far from the elevators, it was easy to get around the ship from my room location. The stewards did a fantastic job of keeping the room made up, and I love that the bed was always turned down and ready for me to crawl beneath the covers at the end of a busy, busy day. Ahhhh... heaven. :-)

Didn't do much in Freeport, but was glad to see that there were T-shirt shops, souvenirs, food stands, and music right at the dock. I stayed in the shopping are and milled around.

Read 781 Freeport Reviews

Visiting Atlantis Resort is a great way to spend the day in Nassau. It's on the list of "must see". If you get the chance to relax on the beach, you'll find that's a pretty good way to feel like a million bucks, too. Tried some conch for the first time - taste kind of like squid. Chewy, but tasty. No need to wait for the excursion bus, a taxi ride to anywhere in Nassau is cheap and quick.

Read 2662 Nassau Reviews

Very enjoyable day at Universal Studio. Got to see the new Harry Potter area before it was officially opened. It is going to be a big hit! There were lots of excursions available that were priced modestly to expensive. Definitely something for everyone to do in Port Canaveral.