Carnival Pride Cruise Review by Lynise

Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

the Loves Likes, and Hates of a Carnival First-Timer
My first time on the Carnival Pride will be a memory I won't ever forget! It was SPECTACULAR! The trip to the port is only 3o minutes from my house so Baltimore is wayy-yy high on my list of places that will get my future cruise business (smile).

The whole boarding process was quick and easy - especially having the luggage handled before parking. That is really, REALLY smart. Getting through the customs drill has become the number-one headache for most travellers these days,no matter which transportation service you use... 'nuf said! However, the process was well done and all that was needed was to wait until they allowed us on the ship. I arrived early but was on-board soon as they let us on.

Loved: The Chef's Table! It is a wonderfully, intimate and deliciously special event that the Chef du Cuisine creates just for a few guests. Chef Ramesh was marvelous and the dining evening he treated us to was 100% first-class!

Loved: Karaoke. Lots of laughs and some hidden talents, too! I have only two words to describe the DJ: Absolutely....Brilliant!

Loved: Kurt and Jamie's morning TV show and the "secret salute". Both of them kept things lively and fun. Kurt has got to be the hardest working guy in the business. He's great at what he does.

Loved: The Normandie Restaurant, Andre and the entire Wait Staff. Very professional and polite. They make hard work look easy...and that takes a lot of talent!

Absolutely Loved: David's Steakhouse. Wow-wee! A bargain at twice the price!

Loved: The diverse bands and musicians that played in the lounges and throughout the ship.

Loved: Formal evenings! OHMYGOD...people on a ship looked soo-ooo beautiful when they get dressed up.

Liked: Lots of photos that were taken every night.

Liked: The many places to snuggle up and get some sun and sleep without being disturbed.

Liked: How most folks were friendly and having a good time.

Liked: The casino! Didn't win much, but didn't lose much either. The Manager was so sweet and patient, and the staff worked hard to keep the area clean.

HATED: The stench of cigarette smoke waifing through the casino. Geezzz!

Overall, I had a wonderful time. I enjoyed the excursions, although it was a bit too hot to be running around Universal Studio. The trip to the Atlantis Resort was worth the time. Glad I did it. Freeport was good for pictures. I didn't do much more than that.

I highly recommend Carnival Cruise Lines to anyone wanting their first cruise experience to be a good one.

Publication Date: 06/19/10