Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by IdRatherBCruisin: Sailing the Oasis - Truly a wonderful experience

IdRatherBCruisin
Member Since 2006

Compare Prices on Oasis of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Sailing the Oasis - Truly a wonderful experience

Sail Date: June 2010

This was our 11th cruise (6th on RCL). Our party consisted of two adults (50) and two young adults (19). Have to say the week went by too fast; this is truly an exceptional ship.

Embarkation: The easiest ever. Got to the pier around 11am and on the ship in 15 minutes. Very organized and friendly personnel.

Room: We were in a Junior Suite and I cant say enough about how glad I was I upgraded from a standard balcony. It was the perfect amount of space for four adults and everyone was happy. Used the walk in closet as a changing space which worked out REAL well! We were on the 8th floor with Central Park and we loved the location...perfect for getting food from the Park Cafe. Room was ready at 1pm and luggage arrived by 3pm. Everything was very clean and our attendant was super.

Ship: Oasis is BIG and beautiful. I loved the layout and found it very easy to get around. The info screens by each elevator were awesome and we always knew where we were. All areas More of the ship were clean and the crew was the friendliest we have ever encountered on a cruise. Ken Rush was great.

Shows: The BEST bar none. As good as shows in Las Vegas. Do not miss any of them!

Food: In the main dining room food was just average. I have found this to be true for the past 5 years for all of the cruise lines we have sailed. We ate at Giovannis and found that to be very good. Pizza was very good also. Park Cafe was a favorite spot for us. We kept hearing how crowded the Windjammer was so we never did make it up there. There were so many places to eat, we never felt crowded anywhere else.

Ports: We did not get off in Nassau..been there, done that. We took an island tour of St Thomas and visited Megan's Bay for a few hours. Very beautiful beach. However, the immediate area where we disembarked in St Thomas was dirty and the shops were disappointing. Whereas, the area at the port in St Martin was very clean and attractive with nice shops. We did a tour of St Martin and really enjoyed seeing how the locals live on both the Dutch and French sides.

Disembarkation: We were able to get off the ship fairly easy. No big lines for us; we were in our car by 9am. Our scheduled time off the ship was 8:40am.

Pros: Always something to do and great activity staff. Never felt crowded even though ship was at capacity. Shows...the best! Lots of pool side chairs available never had a problem finding seats.

Cons: Pools were too hot and so were the showers around the pools. Very little air moving around the pool deck and it would have been nice to cool off in some refreshing water. I do think that there are way too many extra costs on this ship;however, I have found this to be true on all of the new ships. I paid more for this cruise (actually about 3 times more) that I have ever paid for any other cruise. Not really sure if it was worth it.

Summary: I am very glad we went on the Oasis, but now having seen it, I doubt if we will sail on this category of ship again. We like feeling like we are on the ocean and if we had not had a balcony, we would not have even known we were at sea. That said, I would still recommend this ship to others as it is worth seeing at least once. Less

Read more Oasis of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Oasis of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Oasis of the Seas Junior Suite Deck 6 8630

8630, Junior Suite. 8th floor with Central Park. Very quiet and great location for grabbing coffee in the morning and food at the Park Cafe.