Carnival Glory 3

“Not impressed, basically a booze cruise”
Cruise review of Carnival Glory

tennboy1981
Member Since 2010
6 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

The last time I went on a cruise was in 1997, so I don't cruise that often. I found a great deal on a 4 day St John Canada cruise out of New York City. Boarding was easy, and the staff is pleasant. The food was okay. The buffet food was okay, the nightly dinners were pretty good!

The good: The crew members are pretty nice and courteous, our room steward was awsome, and our waiter at the restaurant was also great. Our room was always cleaned, and very nicely presented, there were plenty of people around to take your drink orders when you needed it.

The not so good: Entertainment. Where was the entertainment? Mostly every daym the itinerarys consisted of music around a bar.....and bingo in hte amber palace room. Oh and the bingo you had to pay for. There really was nothing very entertaining besides the comedy shows that were 2 out of the 4 nights. The dining room where we ate in the platinum lounge was not that great. Loud people, dining atmosphere was just not what More I was expecting. St John port- I was expecting more here. Unless you had a shore excursion, there is pretty much nothing to do besides walk around a market that is close by. being 29, I think I was the youngest guy in the ship.

All in all, I just wasn't that impressed and didn't have the greatest of a time that I wanted to have. Basically all you do is drink and drink, then have a hangover in the morning, eat, and then drink some more.....I think next time Ill pick a different cruise line and location. Less

Carnival Glory Cruises to Canada & New England

Overall Ratings

Sail Date: June 2010
Destination: Canada & New England
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money

Published 06/18/10

Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Glory Review

Carnival Glory Cruises to Canada & New England

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?