Thomson Dream Cruise Review by janinlincoln: Our Dream Holiday

Our Dream Holiday

Sail Date: June 2010
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Embarkation: Las Palmas

WE have just returned today, 8th June from a week on the dream and we had a very good time. I went armed with a large can of air freshener for the nasty smells but didn't encounter any. We had a outside plus cabin on deck 6 very spacious and kept very clean.

We ate in the Orion restaurant and it was lovely, the food and staff were first class. We had breakfast and lunch in sirens restaurant and they put on a very good afternoon tea. The staff were first class through out.

We had minor hiccups, trouble with the safe, key sticking in the door lock, but these were minor problems. I liked the swimming pool, a pool that was long enough to swim in !!! We enjoyed the entertainment with some great bands and musicians.

This was our 4th cruise with thomsons ,twice on Destiny and once on Island escape. My husband wanted to stay on board another week. Some people did have issues but I can only tell what I experienced. The public toilets need some servicing done on them, More one lady didn't think there were enough for the size of the ship.

We went on the highlights of the med and went on a day trip to Capri and the emerald coast in Sardinia, both enjoyable. We were AI and as I don't drink I enjoyed the Virgin cocktails (although I was brought two alcoholic ones) and the lattes were lovely. I will be pleased to answer any questions, Less

Published 06/19/10

Read more Thomson Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Thomson Dream Review >>

Cabin review: o/s6147

great cabin 6147 king size bed, bath cleancentral lifts close at hand

We only used the port as a transfer to Capri which was lovely, hot and will be very crowded in summer. We had an optional boat trip which was very good

Read 1038 Naples Reviews

We went on the emerald coast on this trip which we enjoyed very much.

Read 177 Sardinia Reviews
Member Since 2010
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?