Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review by Fredericka Fitzgerald: You haven't lived until you've cruised

Fredericka Fitzgerald
0 Post

Compare Prices on Carnival Inspiration Southern Caribbean Cruises

You haven't lived until you've cruised

Sail Date: May 2010
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Embarkation: Tampa

Let me tell you about the cruise that almost wasn't. I was given a cruise for Mother's Day, I didn't want to seem ungreatful so I accepted this gift. Little be known to anyone else that I have a fear of flying and an even greater fear of water. I have never even been in a swimming pool. I only had 45 days to plan and get my nervers together for this expedition.

I was now ready to go, bags packed, passport tucked away, and off I went. I got through the airport okay, I made the flight just fine, it wasn't at all as I thought it would be, I sat by the window on the way home and could't look away. I flew Delta and it was a beautiful experience.

I arrived in Tampa and got a shared taxi to the ship. The moment I stepped on board I felt extremely comfortable. The crew members were very helpful in directing passengers to their cabins. Once in my cabin I had only a short wait for my luggage. The cabin stewards name was UTEN, he was very friendly and informative, explaining More to me about the beverages and the fun pack phamphlets that were placed in the cabin, through the entire cruise my cabin was always neat, clean, with towel animals on the bed in the evenings and chocolates, but the kicker was to walk into the cabin at night and Ten would have the light over the bed on which gave the cabin its cozy atmosphere. Hat's off to you TEN.

The lunch buffet was marvelous, the crew members were so polite and friendly, remind you that this was my first cruise and I did not know what to expect. The food was great, and the entertainment by the pool was fantastic.

There was so much to do and see on board. The only trouble I had was deciding what to do first, second and third, which is how I planned each day. Back to the entertainment for a moment, The crew members that would run different events were extraordinary, meaning, that these were people who would take a group of perfect strangers and have them intermingle, and have fun, while entertaining others. Double Hats Off to the entertainment crew, the music and dancing was also superb.

Then there was the dinner in the Mardi Gras dinning room. What can I say, you guys out done yourselves there. The food was out of this world. The entertainment was astronomical, I still would like to know how the dinning staff can muster so much energy after working so hard all day. You guys should be commended. I had trouble seeing my menu and a waiter a Mr. jon Williams noticed that I was straining to see and he took my menu and read it for me and I thought that was so kind and thoughtful triple Hats of to you Mr. Williams. This cruise was inspirational to me in so many ways, I overcame my fear of flying, and fear of drowning all in one setting. I met some of the most extraordinary people on board the Carnival Inspiration, I have been so blessed to have had my first cruise on this ship, I was so overwhelm at the kindness and caring of the crew members, This cruise taught me to live, don't be afraid to try new experiences, and to expect great things always, and when things don't seem so great, make them great.

The most important thing I think that I accomplished on this cruise is that I got to know me.

Also, I decided that one cruise is definitely not enough, I heard that carnival has so many ships and my new goal for vacationing is to see and sail on them all. I still have time left, so I think I will live!!!!!!!!!

Thank you Carnival Inspiration for the great Inspiration. Less

Read more Carnival Inspiration cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Inspiration Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Inspiration 33

The cabins were very cozy and comfortable, great location, neat and always clean. Our steward was TEN he was very proficient with making sure that we understood about our beverages, and tips, and he kept our soap filled and clean towels and linen, he was always pleasant. He also explained to us about the pamphlets that we received under our door. Hats off to TEN. Cabin M33 May 22, 2010 cruise.

(5.5)
When we port in Cozumel I did not expect it to be so hot. Well it was, but once you make it through the shops and down the escalator, there was a Di Diamond store right there and the air conditioning was spectacular. Once you finish your purchase you are off to see the rest of Cozumel.

I visited several shops some of them offering you tequilas just to come and receive a free gift. there were bars that were very exciting not like your typical neighborhood bars. Its was as if the ships activity director had planned the atmosphere in the local bars.

What I found interesting was the taxis and the tour guides, they worked together they didn't make you feel as if you were wrong for choosing one or the other, that made it more relaxing, I got a taxi to a beach with some other guest. and actually laid on the beach and I got in the Ocean, Me who was afraid of water.

God Bless the Carnival Inspiration, I was blessed to have sailed the inspiration first, you have truly raised the bar as far as ratings go, I would rate this ship and crew a definite 10.

Read 3104 Cozumel Reviews

We first stopped at the Grand Cayman. This is what I mean when I say great crew members, the way that they get you prepared for every event is so wonderful.

We were told the day before we reached port what time we would be there and what to expect, and the items that you would need to carry with you at all times. The crew members helped assist you in getting off the ship, and were there to assist you when returning. There were pamphlets for every port that we stopped in and tours were set up for those who didn't want to venture alone. The prices were so great for most everything.

There was even a lecture or show on what you can and can not bring back to the ship once on the Island. I thought that that was helpful.

There were scuba tours, and tours to beaches. The shops were very pleasant and friendly, you didn't mind spending money in any of them.

Getting back on the ship was just as smooth as getting off, show your badge, get screened, and you were there, back on board. Very sufficient.

(5.5)
Back at Tampa, I am only writing about this experience because it was so unique. I thought okay, it's over every man for himself, but that was not the case.

The night before returning to Tampa we were told what was to be expected, what time you would depart from the ship and the stages in which it would be done.

The crew had started preparing the ship for the next cruise by cleaning and sanitizing the lido deck and turning off the pools and hosing down the upper deck and cleaning the outside buffet area. throughout the ship you could see the preparation for the next cruise, the photos were down, the shops were closed. You could see that the cruise had come to an end. Yet through all of this prep work the crew still remained very pleasant, friendly, and warm. The next morning you got breakfast in the main dining room or the buffet area. The crew members very kindly directed those who did not understand to their proper areas to wait for departure.

Once outside you could either take a bus or taxi to the airport. Thanks again for everything, Carnival Inspiration.

Read 31 Tampa Reviews