Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review by Fredericka Fitzgerald

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review by Fredericka Fitzgerald
Carnival Inspiration
Carnival Inspiration
Member Name: Fredericka Fitzgerald
Cruise Date: May 2010
Embarkation: Tampa
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Cabin Category: M
See More About: Carnival Inspiration Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Entertainment 5+
Rates 5+

You haven't lived until you've cruised
Let me tell you about the cruise that almost wasn't. I was given a cruise for Mother's Day, I didn't want to seem ungreatful so I accepted this gift. Little be known to anyone else that I have a fear of flying and an even greater fear of water. I have never even been in a swimming pool. I only had 45 days to plan and get my nervers together for this expedition.

I was now ready to go, bags packed, passport tucked away, and off I went. I got through the airport okay, I made the flight just fine, it wasn't at all as I thought it would be, I sat by the window on the way home and could't look away. I flew Delta and it was a beautiful experience.

I arrived in Tampa and got a shared taxi to the ship. The moment I stepped on board I felt extremely comfortable. The crew members were very helpful in directing passengers to their cabins. Once in my cabin I had only a short wait for my luggage. The cabin stewards name was UTEN, he was very friendly and informative, explaining to me about the beverages and the fun pack phamphlets that were placed in the cabin, through the entire cruise my cabin was always neat, clean, with towel animals on the bed in the evenings and chocolates, but the kicker was to walk into the cabin at night and Ten would have the light over the bed on which gave the cabin its cozy atmosphere. Hat's off to you TEN.

The lunch buffet was marvelous, the crew members were so polite and friendly, remind you that this was my first cruise and I did not know what to expect. The food was great, and the entertainment by the pool was fantastic.

There was so much to do and see on board. The only trouble I had was deciding what to do first, second and third, which is how I planned each day. Back to the entertainment for a moment, The crew members that would run different events were extraordinary, meaning, that these were people who would take a group of perfect strangers and have them intermingle, and have fun, while entertaining others. Double Hats Off to the entertainment crew, the music and dancing was also superb.

Then there was the dinner in the Mardi Gras dinning room. What can I say, you guys out done yourselves there. The food was out of this world. The entertainment was astronomical, I still would like to know how the dinning staff can muster so much energy after working so hard all day. You guys should be commended. I had trouble seeing my menu and a waiter a Mr. jon Williams noticed that I was straining to see and he took my menu and read it for me and I thought that was so kind and thoughtful triple Hats of to you Mr. Williams.

This cruise was inspirational to me in so many ways, I overcame my fear of flying, and fear of drowning all in one setting. I met some of the most extraordinary people on board the Carnival Inspiration, I have been so blessed to have had my first cruise on this ship, I was so overwhelm at the kindness and caring of the crew members, This cruise taught me to live, don't be afraid to try new experiences, and to expect great things always, and when things don't seem so great, make them great.

The most important thing I think that I accomplished on this cruise is that I got to know me.

Also, I decided that one cruise is definitely not enough, I heard that carnival has so many ships and my new goal for vacationing is to see and sail on them all. I still have time left, so I think I will live!!!!!!!!!

Thank you Carnival Inspiration for the great Inspiration.

Publication Date: 06/13/10