Thomson Dream Cruise Review by Dacia Kelly

Member Name: Dacia Kelly
Cruise Date: June 2010
Embarkation: Other
Destination: Western Mediterranean
See More About: Thomson Dream Cruise Reviews | Western Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Thomson Cruises Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Thomson Dream Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Thomson Dream Deck Plans
First time lucky!
Maybe only dissatisfied people put reviews on here so I thought I'd try to balance things a bit. My husband and I are just back from the 7 day Western Med cruise which sailed from Palma on 1st June (our first cruise). I did read some reviews before we left home and was very worried but I can honestly say the only thing that caused us any problem was opening and shutting the safe in our cabin. The ship was very big and impressive - after a week I still couldn't find my way around! Our cabin was lovely, bigger than expected, we upgraded to an outside cabin on deck 7 with picture window. Bed was very comfy, slept great.

4 restaurants, we opted for the Orion for dinner each evening, waiter service as opposed to self service in 2 of the others - I was on holiday so wanted to be waited on! The food was super, very varied 6 course menu, different every night.

2 pools, lots of sunbeds, no problem getting one even when arriving back from a shore trip. Entertainment - plenty of it, different things each night - shows, quizzes, music - good band in the Medusa Ballroom.

Crew mostly Filipino, very friendly, cheerful and obliging.

We did 2 of the organised shore trips - Florence and Barcelona, both stunning places. In Villefranche and Ajaccio (Corsica) we just went ashore and wandered round the pretty little ports which they both were, sitting in outside cafe/bars, very relaxing.

We were aware of people having problems with plumbing, water, loss of power but I think these were isolated and didn't affect us at all. I know that the ship is going in for a major refit in October and we have every intention of booking for a future cruise to see what improvements have been made to what we thought was an already great ship!

Publication Date: 06/12/10